The information on this site pertains only to the Municipal Court for the City of Colorado Springs. It is not intended to provide legal advice, but rather general information the public should know about the court and its process.
City of Colorado Springs Municipal Court
224 E. Kiowa Street
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Monday - Friday, 8:00 - 5:00
The Colorado Springs Municipal Court is housed in the Robert M. Isaac Municipal Court Building, 224 E. Kiowa Street, Colorado Springs, Colorado. This is in the downtown area at the corner of Kiowa and Weber Streets. (Kiowa is a one way street heading east, away from the mountains.)
The court may be easily accessed from Interstate 25 by using the Bijou Street exit. If you follow the Bijou exit east, it will lead directly to the court on the left hand side just before Weber Street. Parking is available in the city parking garage at the corner of Nevada Avenue and Kiowa Street or at many metered parking spaces.
- Normal business hours are from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Monday through Friday. The main phone number is (719) 385-5922. All court sessions are open to the public. Sessions are conducted in open court which means you may sit and observe any court session, unless otherwise specified.
- The Municipal Court has jurisdiction over violations of city charter provisions and city ordinances. Court proceedings are governed by city ordinances, court rules, and state statutes. Court employees are not allowed to give legal advice, but will be happy to answer procedural questions.
- The Municipal Court handles all types of traffic and criminal violations. Many of the traffic violations are payable prior to court, but most criminal violations require an appearance in court before a judge. Citations involving an animal are considered criminal violations.
- If your summons was written by a state patrol officer or a deputy sheriff and states you are to appear at 270 S. Tejon St., contact the El Paso Combined Courts at (719) 452-5000 or at www.gofourth.org. Otherwise, contact the court indicated on your summons.
- It is the policy of the Colorado Springs Municipal Court to be fully compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. It is the goal of this court to REASONABLY accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities. Should a specific accommodation be needed, please notify the court ahead of time at (719) 385-5928 or notify the clerk in the courtroom on your court date. Should an interpreter be necessary for your court appearance, please
- Request an Interpreter
- e-mail Probation IN ADVANCE at: PReception@springsgov.com