Welcome to the City of Colorado Springs Social Media page. To better communicate with the public, the City is using social media to spread the word about all it has to offer. Use these sites to follow the City of Colorado Springs exciting news and events.
Social Media Disclaimer
The City of Colorado Springs' use of social media web sites is provided as a public service. The City of Colorado Springs disclaims liability for ads, links, videos, promoted content or comments accessible from any external web page. The responsibility for external content or comments rests with the organizations or individuals providing them. Any inclusion of external content or comments does not imply endorsement by the City. The City will not edit or alter any posts made on its social media sites, however, the City reserves the right to remove comments that do not promote civil discussion or do not adhere to ourpost/comment policy.
Social Media Post/Comment Policy
Posts/comments on a City of Colorado Springs sanctioned social media web site containing any of the following inappropriate forms of content shall not be permitted and are subject to removal:
- Posts/comments not related to the original topic, including random or unintelligible comments;
- Posts that are not factual or accurate;
- Posts that do not promote civil discussion;
- Profane, obscene, or pornographic content and/or language;
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, sexual orientation, age, religion, gender or national origin;
- Content that could compromise an ongoing investigation;
- Any personal identifying information of any person;
- Defamatory or personal attacks;
- Threats to any person or organization;
- Posts/comments in support of, or in opposition to, any political campaigns or ballot measures;
- Solicitation of commerce, including but not limited to advertising of any business or product for sale;
- Conduct in violation of any federal, state or local law;
- Encouragement of illegal activity;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems; or
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest, such as a copyright or trademark, of any party.