Join the City of Colorado Springs for a once-in-a-lifetime celebration in downtown Colorado Springs – Olympic City USA!
COS 150 "Parade Through Time"
COS 150 Festival
Immediately following the parade, we’re going to #PartyLikeIts1871 and Vermijo Avenue, downtown’s new signature street, is going to be the place to be. From the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Museum in the west to the Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum on the east, come enjoy a family-friendly street festival featuring five activation zones that pay homage to our past, celebrate our present and inspire our future. Throughout this space, there will be interactive booths, sport demonstrations, a kids play area, live entertainment, food and drink, and the Tokyo Olympic Games telecast live on the big screen here in Olympic City USA!
Text COS150 to 888777 to receive weather alerts and emergency notifications during the event.
Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum – 150 Years of Pikes Peak Regional History and Culture
Explore 150 years of Pikes Peak Regional History and Culture at the Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum through innovative exhibits and interactive activities designed for all ages.
- Visit the new Sesquicentennial Exhibit, COS@150: Exploring Colorado Springs’ Story Through Objects, featuring 150 objects, illuminating 150 stories and commemorating 150 years
- Take on the 150th Adventure Passport Challenge to learn more about the city’s history
- Learn about the city’s flag, designed in 1912, and make your own birthday hat!
- Experience history around you with the Pedal our Past Bike Tour and Story of Us Mobile
- Meet local author of Profiting From the Peak: Landscape and Liberty in Colorado Springs, Dr. John Harner
- Discover how things change over time with a special preview of the “Then and Now” Photography Exhibit and blacksmith demonstrations
Tokyo Games Fan Fest
The U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Museum is hosting the Tokyo Games Fan Fest on its plaza. The free, four-day celebration will take place outside the Museum from July 29-Aug. 1. Team USA fans can watch the Games on a 50-foot screen, enjoy a wide selection of food and beverages, and try some sports with help from some Olympic and Paralympic champions.
The Colorado Springs Sports Corporation is joining the fun in the Tokyo Games Fan Fest on July 31. In this area, you’ll find live music from B Entertainment, featuring Martini Shot; autograph sessions and Q&A with Olympic champions Jackie Joyner-Kersee and Bonnie Blair; performances from the Flying Aces trampoline group; a beer garden; sport exhibitions and demonstrations and more.
Science & Technology
In Colorado Springs, innovation knows no bounds! Check out an electric race car, learn about sustainable practices and how you can implement them in your own home, and enjoy free tastings of soda made with purified water.
Learn about the outdoor activities our forefathers enjoyed, and maybe even try bass fishing or slacklining for yourself! Outdoor recreation partners will be on hand to share the principles of Leave No Trace and help us all be better stewards of the outdoors.
Kids & Family
Kids just wanna have fun, and the COS150 Downtown Celebration is the place for it! Try panning for gold making your own crafts or even riding a mechanical bull!
Schedule of Festival Events
Main Stage – Vermijo & Sahwatch
- 12:00 pm - HICKABEE
- 1:15 pm - Flying Aces
- 1:45 pm - WireWood Station
- 3:00 pm - Flying Aces
- 3:30 pm - Denver Taiko
- 4:00 pm - Olympian and Paralympian Q&A
- 5:15 pm - Flying Aces
- 6:00 pm - Martini Shot
Tokyo Games Fan Fest
- 10:00 am – 10:00 pm Tokyo Games viewing on 50’ Mobile View Screen
- 10:00 am – 10:00 pm USOPM & Team USA merchandise tent
- 10:00 am – 4:00 pm USA Triathlon Vasa SwimErg bike and run station
- 10:00 am – 4:00 pm Try your finesse at table tennis
- 10:00 am – 5:00 pm KT Tape Booth
- 10:00 am – 5:00 pm Toyota Booth // Giveaways
- 10:00 am – 6:00 pm Coca-Cola Zone // interactive games & prizes
- 10:00 am – 8:00 pm Ent Credit Union activation // 1996 Atlanta torch photo-op
- 10:00 am – 8:00 pm El Paso County Booth
- 11:00 am – 5:00 pm Learn to Skate USA synthetic ice rink
- 11:00 am – 5:00 pm U.S. Figure Skating STARS combine
- 11:00 am – 12:00 pm COS150 Parade on Tejon Street
- 11:30 am – 12:30 pm AUTOGRAPH SESSION // Jennifer Gutierrez, Susan Williams (triathlon)
- 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm Test your skills at wheelchair basketball
- 12:00 pm – 1:15 pm Musical performance // Hickabee
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Live radio remote // KVUU-FM Hot AC
- 12:30 pm – 2:00 pm AUTOGRAPH SESSION // Steele Johnson (diving)
- 12:30 pm – 1:00 pm AUTOGRAPH SESSION // Kathy Rex (team handball)
- 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm AUTOGRAPH SESSION // Kirk Black (wheelchair curling)
- 1:15 pm – 1:35 pm Flying Aces // trampoline acrobatic performance #1
- 1:45 pm – 3:00 pm Musical performance // WireWood Station
- 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm AUTOGRAPH SESSION // Chris Clemens (Para track and field)
- 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm AUTOGRAPH SESSION // Karen Chen, Bradie Tennell, Vincent Zhou (figure skating)
- 3:00 pm – 3:20 pm Flying Aces // trampoline acrobatic performance #2
- 3:30 pm – 3:40 pm Denver Taiko // Japanese cultural drums
- 4:00 pm – 4:45 pm On stage Q&A // Bonnie Blair (speedskating), Jackie Joyner-Kersee (track and field) & McKenna Geer (Para shooting)
- 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm Olympic City USA hot air balloon inflation
- 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm Xfinity hot air balloon inflation
- 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm Musical performance // Martini Shot
In addition to Saturday, Tokyo Games Fan Fest will have events July 29 - August 1.
Gazebo Stage – Alamo Square Park
- 12:15 pm - Opening Ceremony
- 12:30 pm - Colorado Springs Conservatory
- 1:00 pm - Colorado Springs Children Chorale
- 1:30 pm - Front Range Fables from Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center at Colorado College Theatre Company
- 3:10 pm - Sweetwater Plains Indian Dancers
- 3:40 pm - Ballet Folklorico de Barajas
- 4:00 pm - Panamanian Dance Group
- 5:10 pm - Manava O Polynesia
- 5:40 pm - Sankofa African Drumming
- 6:10 pm - Tony Exum, Jr.
- 7:10 pm - Tenderfoot Bluegrass Band
An ASL interpreter will be at the following events during the celebration.
12:15 pm – Opening Ceremony, Alamo Square Gazebo
1:30 pm – 3:00 pm – Front Range Fables (One-Act Plays), Alamo Square Gazebo
4:00 pm – Olympian & Paralympian Q&A, Main Stage at Vermijo & Sahwatch
Food Trucks & Beer Garden
- Amazing Kettle Corn
- American Seoul Food
- Big Papa's Grill
- Biggi's Little Bavaria
- Buffalo Gals
- Conrad's Flava Fusion
- Cowgirl Kettle Corn & Lemonade
- Flying W Ranch
- Foxy's Fajitas
- High Grade Catering
- Hot Box
- K2 Cuisine
- Kabob Kaboose
- Kava Works
- Kona Ice
- Lori Lynn's Cookies & Cream
- Lucy I'm Home
- Miggy's Meltdown
- Mile High BBQ
- Rocco's Mobile Food
- Smokin' J's BBQ
- The Fiesta Grill
Local Beer / Cocktail Garden
- 300 Days of Shine
- 1350 Distillery
- Axe & The Oak
- FH Beerworks
- Pikes Peak Brewing
- Storybook Brewing
FAN FEST BEER GARDEN
Serving Budweiser products
City parking garages will have a regular rate of $1 per hour. These garages are located at the intersections of Nevada and Colorado avenues, Bijou Street and Cascade Avenue, and Kiowa Street and Nevada Avenue. Additional El Paso County-owned garages, surface parking and metered street parking is also available. Handicap accessible parking is marked in the garages and select metered spots. Additional downtown parking information is available at DowntownCS.com/Parking.
Transportation by Bike
Plan ahead to avoid the following downtown road closures in conjunction with the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Museum’s Tokyo Games Fan Fest (July 29-Aug. 1), Premier Lacrosse League tournament at Weidner Field (July 30-Aug. 1) and COS 150: Downtown Celebration (July 31).
Wednesday, July 28-Monday, Aug. 2 (Tokyo Games Fan Fest)
5 a.m.-2 a.m.
- Sierra Madre Street from Cucharras Street to Costilla Street
- Vermijo Avenue from Sierra Madre Street to Sahwatch Street
Friday, July 30-Sunday, Aug. 1 (Premier Lacrosse League)
8 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Sahwatch Street, from Cimarron Street to Moreno Avenue
Saturday, July 31 (COS 150: Downtown Celebration)
6 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Vermijo Avenue from Sierra Madre Street to Nevada Avenue
- Sierra Madre Street and Sahwatch Street from Cucharras Street to Costilla Street
- Cascade Avenue and Tejon Street from Colorado Avenue to Costilla Street
10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Tejon Street from Cache la Poudre Street to Vermijo Avenue
- Dale Street, Monument Street, Willamette Avenue, St. Vrain Street, Boulder Street, Platte Avenue, Bijou Street, Kiowa Street, Pikes Peak Avenue, Colorado Avenue and Costilla Street from Cascade Avenue to Costilla Street
Volunteer Application Agreement