BikeToBizCOS encourages public to bike to businesses, build community June 22-28
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo— In the interest of public health and safety during the COVID-19 global pandemic, the 2020 Bike to Work Day, originally scheduled for June 24, will transform into a week-long celebration supporting businesses, June 22-28. Instead of riders grabbing free breakfast at stations along their commute to work, riders are encouraged to support Colorado Springs businesses by bike.
During “Bike to Biz Week” residents are encouraged to ride to their favorite coffee shop, store, restaurant or curbside pickup for dinner, doctor’s appointment, or other neighborhood businesses they can get to by bike.
Visit ColoradoSprings.gov/BikeToBizCOS to join the fun.
- The public is invited to join a community Facebook group, “BikeToBizCOS”
- Share a special moment tagging a favorite businesses and post to the group or use the hashtag #BikeToBizCOS on Twitter and Instagram.
- People are encouraged to ride often, share their photos and be on the lookout for opportunities to win great surprises
Colorado Springs Businesses:
- Join the community “BikeToBizCOS” Facebook group
- Visit ColoradoSprings.gov/BikeToBizCOS for tools and tips to encourage riders to visit your business throughout the week
“Over the last several Bike to Work Days, our business community has come out in force to support people on bikes. Now it’s our chance to return the favor. This year, with many of our businesses hurting due to the pandemic, let’s follow public health guidance and use our bikes to help our business community stay strong,” said Kate Brady, Senior Bicycle Planner for the City of Colorado Springs.
Riders are encouraged to follow safe riding and social distance guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Ride solo or with members of your household
- Maintain a 6-foot physical distance
- Communicate with others on trails or streets
- Wear a face covering, especially around others
- Consider taking the roads less traveled, to ease crowding in our parks and on our trails.
- Practice good hygiene: wash hands or use hand sanitizer regularly.
BikeToBizCOS Week is organized by the City of Colorado Springs and sponsored in part by KOAA News5, Magic 98.5 FM and The Colorado Springs Independent Newspaper. A special thanks to our organizing sponsors Bike Colorado Springs, Support the Springs and CONO, the Council of Neighbors and Organizations.
Please note: This event is subject to change based on current public health orders.