This year Bike to Work Day is transforming into a week-long celebration supporting local businesses. Instead of riders grabbing free breakfast at stations along their commute to work, riders are encouraged to support Colorado Springs businesses by bike. We encourage participants to ride to their favorite coffee shop, store, restaurant or curbside pickup for dinner, doctor’s appointment, or other neighborhood businesses they can get to by bike.
Here are some other fun ways to get involved.
- The public is invited to join a community Facebook group, “BikeToBizCOS”
- Share a special moment tagging a favorite businesses and post to the group or use the hashtag #BikeToBizCOS on Twitter and Instagram.
- People are encouraged to ride often, share their photos and be on the lookout for opportunities to win great surprises
Colorado Springs Businesses:
- Join the community “BikeToBizCOS” Facebook group
- Visit ColoradoSprings.gov/BikeToBizCOS for tools and tips to encourage riders to visit your business throughout the week
“Over the last several Bike to Work Days, our business community has come out in force to support people on bikes. Now it’s our chance to return the favor. This year, with many of our businesses hurting due to the pandemic, let’s follow public health guidance and use our bikes to help our business community stay strong,” said Kate Brady, Senior Bicycle Planner for the City of Colorado Springs.
Riders are encouraged to follow safe riding and social distance guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Ride solo or with members of your household
- Maintain a 6-foot physical distance
- Communicate with others on trails or streets
- Wear a face covering, especially around others
- Consider taking the roads less traveled, to ease crowding in our parks and on our trails.
- Practice good hygiene: wash hands or use hand sanitizer regularly.
For more information visit ColoradoSprings.gov/BikeToBizCOS.
BikeToBizCOS Week is organized by the City of Colorado Springs and sponsored in part by KOAA News5, Magic 98.5 FM and The Colorado Springs Independent Newspaper. A special thanks to our organizing sponsors Bike Colorado Springs, Support the Springs and CONO, the Council of Neighbors and Organizations.
Please note: This event is subject to change based on current public health orders.