How is it that Colorado Springs has achieved this enviable status? It hasn’t always been so. The fact is that the credit belongs to all of you, the citizens of Colorado Springs… And in the last four years our citizens have made an unprecedented level of public and private investment in our city.
- Mayor John Suthers, 2019 State of the City Address-
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Colorado Springs continued to draw national attention in 2019 as a best-in-class city. For the second year in a row, Colorado Springs earned the distinction of #1 Most Desirable Place to Live, according to U.S. News and World Report, which ranked Colorado Springs highly in terms of quality of life, affordability, job opportunities, and other economic criteria.
Colorado Springs continues to build on its reputation as a prime destination for tourists and athletes looking for scenic beauty and adventure as well as professionals and families attracted to the area for its robust housing and job markets.
Colorado Springs moves up to become the 39th largest city in America
Moving up from 42nd to 39th largest city in the U.S. over the last five years, Colorado Springs’ is now a major contender among such cities as Atlanta, Georgia and Miami, Florida.
|Ranking||City||2018 Estimated Population|
|38||Kansas City, MO||491,918|
|39||Colorado Springs, CO||472,688|
The following is a look at some of the accolades the City of Colorado Springs earned in 2019
Top Honorable Rankings for Colorado Springs
- #1 Hottest Neighborhoods to Watch in 2019 by Trulia
- “Strong job growth and a young buying market pushed Colorado Springs to the top of our list of hottest hoods.”
- #2 Most Desirable Place to Live by CompTIA
- “Information technology professionals listed major factors driving decisions to include city affordability, local economy, weather and climate, job security, and commute times.”
- #2 Cities That Will be the Next Dream Outdoor Hubs by Outdoor
- “As people are being priced out of our favorite cities and as urban areas are investing more in green spaces, we asked Outside contributors to name the places they’re heading to for that perfect mix of city life and just-around-the-corner adventure.”
- #3 Best Place to Live in the USA by U.S. News & World Report - Real Estate
- “This data was categorized into the five indexes: Job Market Index, Value Index, Quality of Life Index, Desirability Index, and Net Migration”.
- #3 Top Place for a Family Weekend Getaway by Today
- “Using interviews with specialists, online reviews and personal experience, TODAY editors, writers and experts take care to recommend items we really like and hope you’ll enjoy!”
- #5 Best City to Find a Job by WalletHub
- “WalletHub compared more than 180 U.S. cities across 30 key indicators of job-market strength. They range from job opportunities to employment growth to monthly average starting salary.”
- #6 Top Moving Destination by HireAHelper
- “HireAHelper's Migration Study analyzed moving data on more than 31,000 Hybrid™ Moves in the U.S., booked through our online platform in 2018, supplemented with 2017 U.S. Census Bureau population estimates.”
- #6 Best City for Veterans to Live by Veterans United
- “In order to determine the best cities for Veterans to live, Veterans United’s analysts compared the 100 most populated U.S. cities across 4 key dimensions: Economic Wellness, Employment, Availability of VA Benefits and Quality of Life for Veterans.”
For more detailed information on the methodology that was used for these rankings please visit the website for each listed publication.