COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – All City of Colorado Springs administrative and elected administrative offices and agencies will be CLOSED Monday, Sept. 6 in observance of Labor Day, including:
- Administrative offices for Mountain Metropolitan Transit
- City Administration Building
- City Clerk
- City Hall
- Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum
- Deerfield Hills Community Center
- Hillside Community Center
- Meadows Park Community Center
- Memorial Park Recreation Center
- Municipal Court
- Otis Park Community Center
- Parks, Recreation & Cultural Services Administration Building
- Sales Tax Office
- Sertich Ice Center
- Sports and Therapeutic Recreation Programs Office in Memorial Park
The following facilities will remain OPEN Monday:
- Deerfield Hills Spray Ground (4290 Deerfield Hills Road): will operate Saturday, Sunday, and Monday from 10a.m.-5 p.m. Monday is the final day of operation this year.
- Garden of the Gods Visitor & Nature Center (1805 N. 30th Street): open from 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Julie Penrose Fountain at America the Beautiful Park (26 Cimino Drive): Open 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday is the final day of operation this year.
Patty Jewett Golf Course (900 E Espanola Street): open 7 a.m. to dusk: City Golf Championship will play Saturday-Monday; course open to public play beginning at 1:17 p.m. each day.
Pikes Peak – America’s Mountain (5089 Pikes Peak Highway, Cascade): uphill gates open 7:30 a.m.-6 p.m.; Pikes Peak summit closes at 7 p.m.; downhill gates close at 8 p.m. (all times weather permitting)
Fall hours begin Tuesday; uphill gates open 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m., summit closes at 6 p.m., downhill gates close at 7 p.m.
- Rockledge Ranch Historic Site (3105 Gateway Road) – open 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Labor Day Vintage Baseball game – first pitch is 1 p.m.; visit rockledgeranch.com/event/labor-day/ for more information
- The Water Hole at Venezia Park (3555 Briargate Parkway): Open 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Sessions start: 10 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 3 p.m., and 5 p.m. Monday is the final day of operation this year.
- Uncle Wilber Fountain (Acacia Park, 115 E Platte Avenue): Open noon-6 p.m. Monday is the final day of operation this year.
- Valley Hi Golf Course (610 Chelton Road): open 7 a.m. to dusk
Labor Day Lift Off returns to Memorial Park
The 45th annual Labor Day Lift Off returns to Memorial Park this weekend with a record number of hot air balloons. Watch balloons float across the Colorado Springs skyline at the annual event produced by Hot Apple Productions in partnership with the Colorado Springs Sports Corporation and in affiliation with Rainbow Ryders Hot Air Balloon Company. The event will take place Saturday-Monday, Sept. 4-6, at Memorial Park.
In addition to the balloons, the event will feature sport demonstrations, the U.S. Air Force Academy Wings of Blue skydive jumpers, concerts, food, and an official “Team USA Welcome Home” for Tokyo 2020 athletes based in Colorado Springs on Monday morning.
The following roads will be closed from 5-9:30 a.m. daily (Saturday-Monday) and 3-11 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday:
- E. Pikes Peak Avenue, between S. Hancock Avenue and N. Union Boulevard
- N. Union Boulevard, between E. Pikes Peak Avenue and East Lake Boulevard
- S. Hancock Avenue, between E. Pikes Peak Avenue and Costilla Street
- E. Cucharras Street and E. Vermijo Avenue, between S. Cedar Street and S. Hancock Avenue (road closed to thru traffic)
- All streets and alleys running north to south between N. Hancock and E. Pikes Peak Avenue from S. Hancock Avenue to N. Union Boulevard (road closed to thru traffic)
The following roads will be closed from 5 a.m.-11 p.m. daily (Saturday-Monday):
- Interior Park Road: Farragut Avenue, between Hancock Avenue and Pikes Peak Avenue
- Interior Park Road: Sports Drive between Hancock Avenue and Farragut Avenue
- Interior Park Road: Memorial Drive between Union Boulevard and Veterans Memorial
Due to the number of people expected, attendees are encouraged to plan ahead, arrive early and check parking information at labordayliftoff.com. Provided on a first-come, first-served basis, handicap parking will be located in the Sertich Ice Center parking lots, which can be accessed by entering the park via Pikes Peak Avenue and Printers Parkway.