Commemorative events honoring civil rights leader to be held downtown
The following City of Colorado Springs administrative and elected administrative offices and agencies will be fully closed Monday (Jan. 20) in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day:
- Administrative offices for Mountain Metropolitan Transit
- City Auditorium – Closed for Business. Private rentals only.
- City Administration Building
- City Clerk
- City Hall
- Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum
- Deerfield Hills, Hillside, Meadows Park and Otis Park community centers
- Memorial Park Recreation Center
- Municipal Court
- Parks, Recreation & Cultural Services Administrative Building
- Prospect Lake
- Rockledge Ranch Historic Site
- Sales Tax Office
- Sports Office and Therapeutic Recreation Programs at Memorial Park
- Starsmore Discovery Center
The following facilities will remain open for normal business hours, unless otherwise noted below:
- Garden of the Gods Park
- Patty Jewett Golf Course - weather permitting
- Pikes Peak – America’s Mountain – weather permitting
- Uphill gates open at 9 a.m., last gate
- Sertich Ice Center
- Skate in the Park – Acacia Park
- Public Skating: 11 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Valley Hi Golf Course - weather permitting
Martin Luther King Jr. Day commemorative events:
All People’s Breakfast
The All People’s Breakfast returns this year on Jan. 20 from 7:30-10 a.m. at the Reid Arena, El Pomar Sports Center. Tickets are $10 and will be available at the Worner Campus Center information desk (902 N. Cascade Ave.) from January 7-18 while supplies last. Tickets will not be sold at the door. All ticket proceeds benefit the NAACP's and the Pikes Peak Justice and Peace Commission's scholarship programs. For more info, visit https://coloradosprings.gov/city-communications/article/calendar-event/all-peoples-breakfast-and.
Rally & March
Following the MLK All People’s Breakfast, a rally and march will begin at 10:30 a.m. at the Worner Campus Center and proceed to Acacia Park in downtown Colorado Springs. Colorado Springs Police Department will provide a motor escort with rolling closures along the route, and commuters should expect traffic delays during the march.