COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – The following City of Colorado Springs administrative and elected administrative offices and agencies will be fully closed on Monday, Jan. 18 in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
- Administrative offices for Mountain Metropolitan Transit
- City Administration Building
- City Clerk
- City Hall
- Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum
- Deerfield Hills, Hillside, and Meadows Park community centers
- Memorial Park Recreation Center
- Municipal Court
- Parks, Recreation & Cultural Services Administrative Building
- Rockledge Ranch Historic Site
- Sales Tax Office
- Sports Office and Therapeutic Recreation Programs at Memorial Park
- Starsmore Discovery Center
The following facilities will remain open for normal business hours, unless otherwise noted below:
- Evergreen and Fairview cemeteries: gates are open to visitors, offices are closed
- Garden of the Gods Park
- Patty Jewett Bar & Grill - indoor and outdoor dining
- Open 9 a.m.- close
- Patty Jewett and Valley Hi golf courses - weather permitting
- Online reservations and payment required
- Pikes Peak – America’s Mountain – weather permitting
- Uphill gates open at 9 a.m., last entry at 3 p.m., downhill gate close at 5 p.m.
- Sertich Ice Center
- Matinee Skate; 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., $2 admission and $2 skate rental
- Skate in the Park at Acacia Park, presented by Academy Bank
- Online reservations are required. Reserve your spot at DowntownCS.com/Skate.
- Sessions are available from 10 a.m.-noon, 1-3 p.m., 3-6 p.m., and 7-9 p.m.
- Valley Hi Grill and Pub – Indoor dining, takeout, and delivery
- Open 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Martin Luther King Jr. Day commemorative events:
Colorado College hosts virtual events
Colorado College is continuing its tradition of honoring Martin Luther King, Jr. with a series of virtual community-oriented events this year, themed “Community Out of Chaos: Change Now!” This year’s keynote speaker is Cornell Brooks, a civil rights attorney, ordained minister, and past president of and CEO of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. Participants must register in advance (register here), and the event begins at 8 a.m., with several different virtual events for participants to attend. The City of Colorado Springs is one of the many community sponsors supporting this event.