We hope that many local organizations and businesses will join us in celebrating our city's rich history. Here are some ideas to celebrate Colorado Springs Sesquicentennial!
Restaurants, Bars, Hotels, Attractions
- Feature a period-specific menu at restaurants
- Have your bartender take part in the Sesquicentennial signature cocktail contest
- Dress staff in period costumes, or a beard / bonnet theme
- Create and feature historical displays for your property
- Feature key characters in history in your materials or on-site
- Serve the official Sesquicentennial coffee blend or craft brew
- See our Restaurants & Hospitality Activation Gude for more fun ideas!
Community Groups and Non-Profits
- Incorporate a Sesquicentennial theme into an existing event with such ideas as a beard and bonnet contest; historically themed food or drinks, etc.
- Mark the occasion with a time capsule or declaration.
- Form a reading club to enjoy the Sesquicentennial reading list
- Visit the then and now photo exhibition at Library 21c
- Learn the specific history of your group or geographical headquarters.
- Organize events to get staff in the spirit such as a book club or beard and bonnet costume or signature cocktail tasting.
- Herald the history of your company in materials or digitally.
- Attend the Chamber and EDC’s Sesquicentennial Gala in November.
- Create a commemorative product to celebrate the Sesquicentennial.
Host an Official COS150 Partner Event
We want to hear how you plan to celebrate the Sesquicentennial! Please provide your event info below, and we will be in touch about partnership and promotional opportunities.