On Thursday, April 11, and Thursday, April 18, 2019, City Council staff and the LART Citizen’s Advisory Committee will host Lodgers and Automobile Rental Tax (LART) workshops for individuals and organizations intending to apply for funding for 2020 events/programs.
In addition to its general City sales tax, the City levies a 2% tax on lodging and a 1% sales tax on auto rentals. The revenue generated from this tax is placed in a special fund for marketing and other qualified expenses to support special events and programs that attract visitors to the City and to the Pikes Peak Region, encourage tourist activity, provide economic and cultural benefit, enhance the quality of life in the City, and engage the community.
The workshops will cover application processes, deadlines, and specific guidelines for filling out the application.
2020 LART Funding Workshops:
- Thursday, April 11, from noon – 1:00 p.m., City Hall, 107 North Nevada Avenue, 2nd floor Pikes Peak Room
- Thursday, April 18, from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m., City Hall, 107 North Nevada Avenue, 2nd floor Pikes Peak Room
2020 LART Funding Application Deadlines:
- Thursday, May 2, 2019, 5:00 p.m. – 2020 LART funding application deadline
- Thursday, May 9, 2019, 3:00 p.m. – 2020 applications delivered to LART Committee
- Thursday, June 13, 2019, 1:00 p.m. – 2020 applicant presentations to LART Committee
- Thursday, July 11, 2019, 1:00 p.m. – Draft 2020 LART funding recommendations meeting
Please contact Jacquelyn Puett at (719) 385-5453 or firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP for a workshop.