El Paso County, CO, Monday, March 11, 2019 – The El Paso County Community Services Department, Environmental Division will hold four Clean Sweep Household Hazardous Waste events in 2019. These events are free to all El Paso and Teller county residents for the recycling and proper disposal of residential household hazardous waste items, large TVs, mattresses, tires, etc.
Dates and Registration
Registration is required for each of the events.
- Saturday, April 13, Register for April at: www.cleansweepapril2019.eventbrite.com
- Saturday, June 8, Register for June at: www.cleansweepjune2019.eventbrite.com
- Saturday, August 10, Register for August at: www.cleansweepaugust2019.eventbrite.com
- Saturday, October 12, Register for October at: www.cleansweepoctober2019.eventbrite.com
The events are from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. and are located at the El Paso County Household Hazardous Waste Facility, 3255 Akers Drive, Colorado Springs. Call 719-520-7878 for more information.
Accepted and Not-Accepted Items
- Automotive products (Motor oil limit is ten gallons per vehicle)
- Fluorescent lighting (limited to 100’ feet per household)
- Household chemicals
- Lawn and garden chemicals
- Mattresses and Box Springs (limit four (4) total pieces per household)
- Paint and paint products
- Electronics, including TVs or monitors any size (Limit three (3) TOTAL TVs and/or monitors any size)
- Tires (Limited to nine (9) per household)
Waste must be in labeled, non-leaking containers. Any unacceptable items will be rejected.
- Business Waste
- Containers larger than 5 gallons
- Lab grade or industrial chemicals or products
- Unlabeled or leading containers