Here is how your business or organization can help celebrate Colorado Springs Sesquicentennial!
Restaurants, Bars, Hotels, Attractions
- Feature a period-specific menu at restaurants
- Have your bartender take part in the Sesquicentennial signature cocktail contest
- Dress staff in period costumes, or a beard / bonnet theme
- Create and feature historical displays for your property
- Feature key characters in history in your materials or on-site
- Serve the official Sesquicentennial coffee blend or craft brew
Community Groups and Non-Profits
- Incorporate a Sesquicentennial theme into an existing event with such ideas as a beard and bonnet contest; historically themed food or drinks, etc.
- Mark the occasion with a time capsule or declaration.
- Form a reading club to enjoy the Sesquicentennial reading list
- Visit the then and now photo exhibition at Library 21c
- Learn the specific history of your group or geographical headquarters.
- Organize events to get staff in the spirit such as a book club or beard and bonnet costume or signature cocktail tasting.
- Herald the history of your company in materials or digitally.
- Attend the Chamber and EDC’s Sesquicentennial Gala in November.
- Create a commemorative product to celebrate the Sesquicentennial.