April-October 2018. If you wish to receive regular emails on construction progress and impacts, email email@example.com.
- Monday, April 30, through Friday, May 4: Work in the roadway begins at 6 a.m. Monday, April 30, with a five-day full closure of Dublin Boulevard west of Powers. Dublin will be closed from Templeton Gap Road westward about a half-mile to Oakwood Boulevard until 6 p.m. Friday, May 4.
- May-July 2018: One lane of Dublin traffic open each direction. Westbound lanes shifted to the south while new lanes are built on the north side of roadway.
- July through project completion: One lane open in each direction of Dublin Boulevard, plus turn lanes, with work shifting between the middle of the roadway to the outside of the roadway to complete the paving/striping and sidewalk/landscaping.
- All construction activities are weather and resource-dependent.
Closure Detour—During the April 30-May 4 full closure of Dublin Boulevard:
- Eastbound traffic will be detoured north or south at Austin Bluffs Parkway. Southbound traffic will turn east on Templeton Gap Road. Northbound traffic will turn east on Woodmen Road, then south on Powers Boulevard to Dublin Boulevard.
- Westbound traffic will be detoured south at Templeton Gap Road to Austin Bluffs Parkway, then north to westbound Dublin Boulevard.
- The project eliminates a bottleneck in Dublin Boulevard which is currently a four-lane road west of the project and a six-lane road east of the project. Widening this two-lane section will significantly improve traffic flow and safety in the area.
- The April 30-May 4 full closure is necessary to install two concrete storm sewer pipes across Dublin Boulevard.
- A traffic signal will be installed at the intersection of Dublin Boulevard and Templeton Gap Road/Darby Drive.
- Improvements will be made at Dublin Boulevard and Powers Boulevard to carry additional lanes across Powers Boulevard and open the remaining planned double left turns.
- All business and residential access will be maintained throughout the project.
Construction cost is $1.1 million. The project is on the A List of capital projects funded by the voter-approved PPRTA-2.
George Hayward, 719-314-5018; firstname.lastname@example.org. Your call or email will be returned within one business day.