October is fire prevention month!
The Colorado Springs Fire Department (CSFD) is hosting a “pop-up” safety event in support of this year’s Fire Prevention Month campaign, “Learn the Sounds of Fire Safety.” The event will be:
- When: Saturday, October 2, 2021 from noon – 4 p.m.
- Where: YMCA at First & Main (3035 New Center Point, Colorado Springs, CO 80922)
At this event, CSFD will be doing a free drive-thru smoke alarm distribution to raise awareness about the importance of properly equipping their residences with working smoke alarms. In addition, there will be a fire safety fun zone that will have the El Paso Teller 911 Life Safety Mobile Classroom, fire apparatus, Sparky the Fire Dog, games, and prizes.
Smoke alarm distribution details:
- Must be a homeowner
- Must reside in the city limits of Colorado Springs
- Only single-station battery-operated alarms will be provided
- Only 1 smoke alarm per level of home will be provided