Instructions for submitting plans directly to the Technical Services Group of the Division of the Fire Marshal
Note: This DOES NOT affect plans that are submitted to Fire Construction Services or the Pikes Peak Regional Building Department. Please contact them directly for any updated procedures.
Due to COVID-19 concerns, effective March 17, 2020, all plans submitted for review shall be submitted electronically per the instructions below. Note that all plans previously submitted via hardcopy will still be reviewed, and we will work with these applicants to the best of our ability.
Our temporary electronic plan review procedures shall be as follows:
- Send the permit application (as a single PDF file) and all other documents and plans (as separate PDF files) to one of the following email addresses:
- Please have your subject line state:
CSFD PERMIT APPLICATION – [INITIAL REVIEW OR REREVIEW] – [LOCATION NAME AND ADDRESS] – [TYPE OF APPLICATION (CO2 System, Fuel Tanks, etc.)]
- Your submittal will be added to our queue of plans to be reviewed.
- Further correspondence will be through email and/or phone.
- Once review is completed, a review letter will be emailed back to the applicant detailing any comments or questions.
- Any comments are to be addressed before plans can be approved.
- Once plans are approved, the applicant will be notified to contact the Division of the Fire Marshal to pay the application fee and schedule an inspection (CSFD is not accepting payments or scheduling inspections in person at this time).
- To do this call 719-385-5978, and follow the prompts for payment and inspection scheduling.
- Once confirmation of payment is received by the plan reviewer, the approved stamped plans will be emailed to the applicant. The stamped plans will be required to be available to the inspector on site during the inspection.
- For plans that are submitted to PPRBD and/or CSFD Fire Construction Services, please contact the respective group for their updated procedures.
Colorado Springs Fire Department
375 Printers Parkway
Colorado Springs, CO 80910-3191
TEL 719-385-5950 • FAX 719-385-7388