The Colorado Springs Fire Department works in stewardship with over 140 neighborhoods to assist residents with disposal of tree branches and hazardous vegetation via our neighborhood chipping program. Chipping occurs during a predetermined week for each neighborhood.
Chipping Request & Schedule:
Our Chipping Service will begin April 19, 2021
- View the 2022 Chipping Schedule to see if your neighborhood is on the list.
- Your neighborhood must be within the City of Colorado Springs and identified as being at risk for wildfire. Find your address on the Wildfire Risk Map or call 719-385-7493 for assistance.
- Participants MUST attend a neighborhood meeting or onsite consultation before the chipping date.
- Individual homeowners must register to participate.
- Material must be stacked curbside by 8:00 a.m. Monday morning.
- Incorrectly stacked piles WILL NOT BE PICKED UP.
- Refer to the chipping information button for pile stacking guidelines.
|ONLY Woody limbs and branches up to 9” diameter.||Construction or building materials, nails, wire|
|Grass clippings, bags of leaves, trash, weeds, yuccas, root wads, dirt, rocks|
- Piles must be stacked curbside by 8:00 a.m. Monday morning during your designated chipping week.
- Piles must be stacked neatly with ends facing the road.
- Piles must be within 5’ of the roadway.
- Please limit pile size to 5’x5’x5’. There is no limit as to the number of piles along the curb.
- Please do not combine piles with neighbors or haul in from other neighborhoods
If you would like to distribute this information to your community, print the Chipping Informational Flyer (PDF).
For assistance please call Wildfire Mitigation at 719-385-7493