The Colorado Springs Fire Department works in stewardship with over 100 neighborhoods to assist residents with disposal of tree branches and hazardous vegetation via our neighborhood chipping program. Chipping occurs during a predetermined week for each neighborhood.
Chipping Request & Schedule:
Our Chipping Service will begin April 15, 2019
- Please follow these sign-up Instructions when submitting your Chipping Request.
- View the 2019 Chipping Schedule to see if your neighborhood is on the list.
*NOTE: To fill out the request form on a mobile device, request to view the desktop version of the site from your mobile browser settings. (See examples.)
- Your neighborhood must be within the City of Colorado Springs and identified as being at risk for wildfire. Find your address on the Wildfire Risk Map or call (719) 385-7342 for assistance.
- Select a neighborhood representative to sign a stewardship agreement.
- Participants MUST attend a neighborhood meeting or onsite consultation before the chipping date.
- A minimum of 12 addresses is required to participate.
- Select a chipper date and submit a list of participating addresses at least 1 week prior to the selected date.
- Individual homeowners must register to participate.
- All chipping dates are the "week of."
- Material must be stacked curbside by 8:00 a.m. Monday morning and will be picked up by the end of the week.
- Incorrectly stacked piles WILL NOT BE PICKED UP.
- Refer to the chipping information button for pile stacking guidelines.
|ONLY Woody limbs and branches up to 9” diameter.||Construction or building materials, nails, wire|
|Grass clippings, bags of leaves, trash, weeds, yuccas, root wads, dirt, rocks|
- Piles must be stacked curbside by 8:00 a.m. Monday morning during your designated chipping week.
- Piles must be stacked neatly with ends facing the road.
- Piles must be within 5’ of the roadway.
- Please limit pile size to 5’x5’x5’. There is no limit as to the number of piles along the curb.
- Slash mulch will be hauled away for recycling or left onsite for mulch when requested.
- Please do not combine piles with neighbors or haul in from other neighborhoods
If you would like to distribute this information to your community, print the Chipping Informational Flyer (PDF).
For assistance please call Wildfire Mitigation at (719) 385-7342