The ride-a-long program has been reinstated as of March 1, 2022
The Colorado Springs Fire Department does allow citizens to ride-a-long on a fire engine. To schedule a ride-a-long, please call Human Resources at 385-7226.
- Riders must be at least 18 years of age.
- Riders are allowed to ride two times per year for up to eight hours each time.
- There is no guarantee, implied or otherwise, that you will respond to a fire, medical emergency, traffic accident, or other emergency call for service.
- Riders are observers only and will not participate unless directly asked to do so by the officer in charge.
- Riders are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner; disregard for this expectation may result in denial of future ride-a-longs.
- Applicants with the Colorado Springs Fire Department may not do ride-a-longs.