COVID-19 Update: While we continue to monitor COVID-19 here in El Paso County, we have made the decision to stop doing ride-a-longs as of October 1st, 2021. To ensure the safety of our citizens and firefighters amid concerns related to the on-going COVID-19 pandemic, all ride-a-longs will cease (as of 10/1/2021) until further notice. We anticipate this decision will remain in effect until further review of community and department numbers sometime in first quarter 2022. Continue to monitor this area of our website for updates that may occur in the future. Your understanding of our safety concerns is greatly appreciated.
The Colorado Springs Fire Department does allow citizens to ride-a-long on a fire engine. To schedule a ride-a-long, please call Human Resources at 385-7226.
- Riders must be at least 18 years of age.
- Riders are allowed to ride two times per year for up to eight hours each time.
- There is no guarantee, implied or otherwise, that you will respond to a fire, medical emergency, traffic accident, or other emergency call for service.
- Riders are observers only and will not participate unless directly asked to do so by the officer in charge.
- Riders are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner; disregard for this expectation may result in denial of future ride-a-longs.
- Applicants with the Colorado Springs Fire Department may not do ride-a-longs.