Sharing the Responsibility!
The objectives of the Colorado Springs Fire Department Wildfire Mitigation Unit are to:
- Create awareness of wildfire risk in the city's wildland-urban interface (WUI)
- Deliver mitigation information that assists homeowners in reducing their risk
- Work in stewardship with neighborhood organizations to reduce wildfire risk and increase the standalone survivability of structures.
Create a Defensible Space
Vegetation management and reducing your risk of wildfire go hand in hand. On our vegetation management page, you will find detailed information about how to create a "defensible space" around your home and improve its chances of surviving a wildfire.
- On-site Consultations (719-385-7342)
- Neighborhood Meetings
- Business Education and Outreach
For additional information, please contact the Wildfire Mitigation office at 719-385-7342.
Mitigation Tax Credit
Individuals, estates and trusts may subtract from their federal taxable income certain costs incurred while performing wildfire mitigation measures on their property.