Airport tours provide participants a first-hand look at what it takes to operate a commercial airport and associated career opportunities! Depending on the tour selected, participants will be exposed to a variety of entities at the airport including airport administration, terminal operations, security, airfield operations, emergency response and general/corporate aviation.
Airport tours are free of charge and are available to groups such as civic organizations, schools, scouting organizations, church clubs, etc. Tours are divided into three separate categories (detailed below), although customized tours are available upon request.
- Tours are available April 1st – October 31st.
- Tours are conducted Monday – Friday 9AM – 3PM.
- Tours are available to both adults and children (3rd grade and up).
- Maximum tour group size is 25 including adults/chaperones (some exceptions).
- One adult must accompany every ten (10) children.
- Advanced reservations of 3 weeks are required.
- Tours are offered at a first come, first serve basis.
- Tours of the Air Traffic Control Tower must be scheduled individually with the FAA. Their contact information is 719-380-6700.
Conditions & Limitations
- Please dress appropriately for the weather. Tours may take place indoors and/or outdoors at various airport facilities.
- Due to TSA regulations, tour participants must stay with tour guide at all times.
- Photographs are permitted in some, but not all, locations at the airport. Your tour guide will give instruction regarding prohibited areas.
- Tours are subject to being postponed, shortened, or canceled if weather or operational conditions warrant such.
- The Airport cannot guarantee that tour requests will be granted. Requests will be considered based on staff availability, other scheduled events, etc.
- Tour leaders must notify the airport contact of any changes or cancellations at least 24 hours before the tour. The Airport reserves the right to cancel tours for groups that arrive late.
- All tour participants (or their parents/guardians if under 18) must sign a General Release of Liability and Media Consent found here releasing the City of Colorado Springs and all of its officers, elected officials, successors, assigns, employees, attorneys, agents, servants and insurers of and from any and all liability for any and all claims, demands, damages, costs, liabilities, expenses, compensation, reimbursement, attorney’s fees, rights and causes of action, arising or growing out of and by reason of, any and all known or unknown, foreseen and unforeseen injuries sustained and the consequences thereof, which may now or hereafter result from or which may or will result or will arise out of, directly or indirectly, participation in the tour or the use of the participants’ appearances in photographs, videos, images, or other media in connection with the tour.
Note: Tour groups are not required to visit all tour components
General Airport Tour- 1 hour
Recommended for 3rd – 8th grade, special needs groups or scouting groups
Airport Careers Tour- 2 hours
Recommended for 8th – 12th grade and/or college students
Airport 101- 1.5 hours
Recommended for high school students & adults