Colorado Springs, CO – Through April, 2019, a total of 454,067 passengers have traveled through the Colorado Springs Airport (COS). This represents a 15.2 percent decrease in year-to-date (YTD) traffic compared to the same period in 2018. Although overall traffic shows a decrease, YTD aircraft load factors are up 2.4 percent, indicating that flights are more full. This anticipated decrease due to Frontier’s fall/winter pullback, will continue through April. Starting in June, the number of seats at COS will dramatically increase and summer service will offer the most available seats for travelers at COS in ten years.
For the month of April, the four carriers at COS enplaned a total of 117,309 passengers on 17 percent fewer seats for the month when compared to April, 2018. Passenger load factors for the month were up 2.8 percent, as passenger filled an average of 85.4 percent of all seats during the month, with each carrier achieving a load factor between 82.3 percent and 86.4 percent.
- Frontier’s much anticipated 2019 seasonal service returns with service to Atlanta, Minneapolis/St Paul, San Antonio and Washington, D.C. Tickets are available to be booked through November 2019
- Delta has added a 3rd daily flight to Salt Lake City
- American has increased daily service to Dallas to 6x daily in the summer and 5x daily in the fall
- United has added a 3rd daily flight to LAX this fall
- Frontier increased daily flights to Vegas to 9x weekly
- United mainline service to DEN returns
COS currently serves 13 nonstop destinations on 4 airlines, including the return of Frontier’s seasonal service. With up to 35 daily departures to choose from and connecting options to over 300 destinations around the world, COS encourages residents in southern Colorado to “look before you book,” and offers simple parking, easy check-in, and a short drive home.