The Colorado Springs Airport (COS) began 2023 with 74,222 enplanements and 146,847 total passengers for the month of January. This upwards trend in traffic has been a continuous theme for the airport since last summer.
The month of January saw a load factor average of 71.7 percent (4.3 percent higher than last January) and 103,575 seats in the market, which represents a 4.6 percent increase in seats from January 2022.
“Last year our airport saw the highest number of enplanements in 22 years and ended the year on a positive note,” said Director of Aviation, Greg Phillips, “Looking ahead, 2023 is forecasted to be just as positive, especially with all of the new air service coming to COS this summer.”
As travelers plan their summer vacation, COS will offer a multitude of new air service beginning in June. On June 5, 2023, Delta Air Lines’ will resume nonstop Atlanta (ATL) daily service, along with daily nonstop service to Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP). A new carrier to COS, Sun Country Airlines, will begin nonstop seasonal service to Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP) on June 8, 2023. Southwest Airlines announced it will serve Long Beach (LGB) nonstop daily beginning July 11, 2023.
COS announced today that a new carrier will be contributing to the additional service at COS and will join the COS roster this year. The announcement will come tomorrow, February 23, 2023.
Nonstop Route Updates:
- American Airlines (Dallas/Ft. Worth)
- 5 daily nonstops with 1-stop connecting service across the U.S. and worldwide
- Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Salt Lake City)
- Daily nonstop service to Atlanta (ATL) will begin June 5, 2023
- Daily Nonstop service to Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP) begins June 5, 2023
- Delta daily nonstop service to Salt Lake City (SLC) featuring E175 aircraft offering First Class, Delta Comfort and Economy seats
- Southwest Airlines (Chicago (MDW), Dallas (DAL), Denver, Las Vegas, Long Beach, Phoenix)
- Daily nonstop service to Long Beach (LGB) begins July 11, 2023
- Daily nonstop to Denver (DEN) with easy connections coast-to-coast
- Sun Country (Minneapolis/St. Paul)
- Nonstop service to Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP) begins June 8, 2023
- United Airlines (Denver, Houston (IAH), Chicago (ORD))
- United serves 3 daily nonstop destinations with easy connections coast-to-coast and worldwide
- United daily nonstop service to ORD will be flown with Mainline aircraft
- Daily nonstop service to DEN will increase to nine times per day and offers easy connections coast to coast and worldwide
Colorado Springs Airport’s small size means small commutes, small lines, and small waits. It means friendliness, safety, and comfort. It also means big options on daily nonstop flights and hundreds of connections worldwide. Colorado’s small airport was named one of the Best Workplaces for 2021 and 2022 by the Gazette. For more information visit FlyCOS.com, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram.