Colorado Springs, CO – Through May, 2019, a total of 600,813 passengers have traveled through the Colorado Springs Airport (COS). This represents a 10.8 percent decrease in year-to-date (YTD) traffic compared to the same period in 2018. Although overall traffic shows a decrease, YTD aircraft load factors are up 2.4 percent, indicating that flights continue to be filled. The decrease in YTD traffic is an indication of 13.3 percent fewer seats in the market compared to the same period last year, primarily due to Frontier’s fall/winter pullback. The number of seats at COS is scheduled to dramatically increase in the second half of the year, with summer service expected to offer the most available seats for travelers at COS in ten years.
For the month of May, the four carriers at COS enplaned a total of 146,746 passengers on 6.3 percent fewer seats for the month when compared to May, 2018. Passenger load factors for the month were up 2.2 percent, as passengers filled an average of 87.9 percent of all seats during the month, with each carrier achieving a load factor between 86.5 percent and 91.1 percent.
- American has increased daily service to Dallas to 6x daily in the summer
- Delta has added a 3rd daily flight to Salt Lake City
- Frontier’s much anticipated 2019 seasonal service returned with service to Atlanta, Minneapolis/St Paul, San Antonio and Washington, D.C. Tickets are available to be booked through November 2019
- LAS goes to 10x weekly from 9x (week of 11/11)
- PHX goes to 10x weekly from 7x (11/14)
- MCO is 3x weekly and is no longer scheduled as a red-eye (week of 11/11)
- United has added a 3rd daily flight to LAX this fall
- United mainline service to DEN returns
COS currently serves 13 nonstop destinations on 4 airlines, including the return of Frontier’s seasonal service. With up to 35 daily departures to choose from and connecting options to over 300 destinations around the world, COS encourages residents in southern Colorado to “look before you book,” and offers simple parking, easy check-in, and a short drive home.