Colorado Springs, CO, – The Colorado Springs Airport terminal reconstruction continues installation of terrazzo flooring
on the 2nd floor of the main terminal atrium.
Due to the location of Phase 4, we are advising the public of the following closures (see attached diagrams) beginning
Thursday, October 11. While these closures will not have any impact on flights, we advise passengers to prepare their
arrival if any assistance or accommodations are needed.
Closure and Access Point Details:
- The central elevators will be closed to the public beginning Thursday, October 11 for approximately 8 days (October 19)
- All passengers and guests are asked to use the front atrium stairs or elevators located on the East and West
- sides of the building. Directional signs will be placed around the airport advising passengers.
- The 2nd Floor Men’s Restroom will be closed. Please use the men’s restroom on the 1st floor, pre-security.
- Escalators down to the lower level will be in service
- The TSA checkpoint is open with signs to direct passengers
- Special Assistance needs: Additional staff will be available from 4:30am – Midnight during this closure.
- Passengers are asked to first check in at your airline ticket counter where ticket agents can call for
- special assistance to your gate.
- Passengers needing special assistance prior to check-in, call 719-492-3585 (5am-midnight) and they will
- dispatch a staff member to help you.
- For any additional passenger inquiries regarding the closures, please call 719-550-1919.
Thank you for your understanding. COS is committed to minimizing disturbance to our tenants, passengers, and guests
and to complete the construction as quickly as possible.
We apologize for any inconvenience.