Colorado Springs, CO – For the month of July, the Colorado Springs Airport (COS) saw a large increase in enplanements from the previous month, but is continuing to experience a downturn in numbers due to the coronavirus pandemic. In July, COS enplaned 26,696 passengers representing a 155 percent increase from June’s 10,460 enplanements. In total, 54,451 passengers traveled through the terminal in July.
For year to date, COS’ total passenger count was 408,214, representing a 55.7 percent decrease from 2019. Load factors for the month of July have increased from previous months, but are significantly lower than normal, averaging 65.4 percent for the month and 22.1% down year-to date primarily due to social distancing protocols and lower travel demands due to the virus.
As traffic increases, COS’ number one priority remains that safety of travelers and employees. Mask or face coverings are required throughout the airport and on each of the four carriers. Travelers will find signage regarding best practices for social distancing, mask usage, plastic shield barriers, increase of surface disinfection and reduced touchpoints in their travel experience.
Additionally, employees of all four carriers and the Airport are being required by their employers to complete temperature scans before entering their work space. All of these measures are designed to slow or stop the spread of germs and viruses. The Airport also strongly urges passengers and guests to follow guidelines designed to keep themselves and others healthy and safe.
- All four carriers at COS value passenger health and safety. Please visit each carrier’s website for further information:
- Airlines continue to evaluate air services needs and flight schedules. If you have travel planned, the September schedules are available and have increased since the previous month’s schedule.
- Daily flights to Dallas Ft. Worth (DFW)
- Weekly flights to Chicago (ORD) – schedule may vary
- Daily flights to Salt Lake City (SLC)
- Monday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday flight to Las Vegas (LAS)
- Monday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday flight to Phoenix (PHX) '
- Daily flights to Denver (DEN) § Daily flight to Houston (IAH)
- Daily flights to Chicago (ORD)