The Colorado Springs Airport (COS) saw 191,698 passengers travel through the terminal for the month of June. There were 95,713 enplaned passengers (travelers who boarded a plane out of COS), resulting in high load factors (occupied seats). In June, all five carriers at COS saw an average load factor of 81.7 percent. This rise in load factor represents a 3.9 percent increase from June of last year.
Traffic and load factors continued to rise through July. For the Fourth of July travel period (July 1 – July 5), COS saw over 16,000 travelers and higher load factors than in previous years. Travel is projected to remain steady through Labor Day.
Summer Spotlight (nonstop routes):
- American Airlines (Dallas/Ft. Worth)
- 5 daily nonstops with 1-stop connecting service across the U.S. and worldwide
- Delta Air Lines (Salt Lake City)
- 3 daily nonstops with easy access to the west coast
- Frontier Airlines (Las Vegas, Phoenix, Orlando (will resume November 2022))
- Nonstop, low fare service!
- Southwest Airlines (Chicago (MDW), Dallas (DAL), Denver, Las Vegas, Phoenix)
- Nonstop to Denver (DEN) with easy connections coast-to-coast
- Seats up 17 percent this summer (Jun-Aug) compared to summer 2021
- Adding seasonal service to Houston (HOU), San Antonio and San Diego during peak days in November, December, and January
- United Airlines (Denver, Houston (IAH), Los Angeles, Chicago (ORD))
- United serves 4 nonstop destinations with easy connections coast-to-coast and worldwide