The Colorado Springs Airport (COS) ended 2022 with record-breaking enplanement numbers and higher overall traffic. In December of 2022, COS enplaned a total of 80,485 passengers and ended the year with a total of 1,071,826 enplanements - the highest amount since 2000. COS saw a total of 160,467 passengers travel through the terminal in December capping the year with 2,134,618 total passengers. This represents a 14.5 percent increase when compared to last year.
“This was a big year for Colorado’s small airport,” said Director of Aviation, Greg Phillips, “With the highest level of enplanements in over two decades, we are bullish on even more growth ahead for 2023 and beyond.”
Seats in the market were down slightly, or 5.7 percent from December 2021, with 1,359,081 seats for the full year. The average load factor for the year was 78.9 percent, which represents a 6.9 percent increase year-over-year.
Looking ahead to 2023, COS will offer new service in the summer with Delta Air Lines’ resumption of nonstop Atlanta (ATL) service, along with summer service to Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP), as well as a new carrier to COS, Sun Country, with seasonal Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP) service.
Nonstop Route Updates:
- American Airlines (Dallas/Ft. Worth)
- 5 daily nonstops with 1-stop connecting service across the U.S. and worldwide
- Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Salt Lake City)
- Nonstop service to Atlanta (ATL) will begin June 5, 2023
- Nonstop service to Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP) begins June 5, 2023
- Delta nonstop service to Salt Lake City (SLC) featuring E175 aircraft offering First Class, Delta Comfort and Economy seats
- Southwest Airlines (Chicago (MDW), Dallas (DAL), Denver, Las Vegas, Phoenix)
- Nonstop to Denver (DEN) with easy connections coast-to-coast
- Sun Country (Minneapolis/St. Paul)
- Nonstop service to Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP) begins June 8, 2023
- United Airlines (Denver, Houston (IAH), Chicago (ORD))
- United serves 3 nonstop destinations with easy connections coast-to-coast and worldwide
Colorado Springs Airport’s small size means small commutes, small lines, and small waits. It means friendliness, safety, and comfort. It also means big options on daily nonstop flights and hundreds of connections worldwide. Colorado’s small airport was named one of the Best Workplaces for 2021 by the Gazette. For more information visit FlyCOS.com, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram.