COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – The Colorado Springs Airport (COS) saw a rise in enplanements and total passengers for the month of September, with passenger traffic jumping nearly five percent from September of last year. 195,094 passengers traveled through the airport in September of which, 97,705 were enplaned at COS.
September’s strong traffic was driven by load factors (seats occupied on an aircraft) increasing nearly 10 percent year-over-year, with all five carriers averaging an 81.8 percent load factor for the month. This was on top of a 7.9 percent decrease in seats year-over-year, while seats compared to 2019 were up 27.8 percent.
Year-to-date COS has enplaned 801,985 passengers and has seen 1,597,065 total passengers travel through the airport. Forecasts show traffic will continue to remain strong through the end of the year.
With the upcoming holiday travel season, travelers will be able to take advantage of the COS annual holiday parking promotion. Long-term parking will be $4 a day on November 21, 2022 – November 27, 2022, and December 21, 2022 – January 2, 2023. Travelers will also benefit from additional service this holiday season. Southwest Airlines will be providing nonstop seasonal service to Houston (HOU), San Antonio (SAT), and San Diego (SAN) for select November, December, and January dates.
“We’re so grateful to our community and to those who fly COS and we are very pleased to offer this discount over the holidays as a way to show our gratitude and encourage more people to choose to fly COS, especially during the holidays,” said Greg Phillips, Director of Aviation.
Further changes in air service include Frontier Airlines discontinuing service at COS effective November 4, 2022, United Airlines will suspend service to Los Angeles (LAX) effective January 3, 2022, and Delta Air Lines will reinstate nonstop service to Atlanta (ATL) in June of 2023.
Nonstop Route Updates
- American Airlines (Dallas/Ft. Worth)
- 5 daily nonstops with 1-stop connecting service across the U.S. and worldwide
- Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, Salt Lake City)
- Nonstop service to Atlanta will begin June 6, 2023
- Delta nonstop service to Salt Lake City up-gauged to an E175 aircraft offering First Class, Delta Comfort and Economy seats
- Southwest Airlines (Chicago (MDW), Dallas (DAL), Denver, Las Vegas, Phoenix)
- Nonstop to Denver (DEN) with easy connections coast-to-coast
- Adding seasonal service to Houston Hobby (HOU), San Antonio and San Diego during peak days in November, December, and January
- United Airlines (Denver, Houston (IAH), Los Angeles, Chicago (ORD))
- United serves 4 nonstop destinations with easy connections coast-to-coast and worldwide
Colorado Springs Airport’s small size means small commutes, small lines, and small waits. It means friendliness, safety, and comfort. It also means big options on daily nonstop flights and hundreds of connections worldwide. Colorado’s small airport was named one of the Best Workplaces for 2021 by the Gazette. For more information visit FlyCOS.com, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram.