Colorado Springs, CO – For the month of September, the Colorado Springs Airport (COS) saw an increase in enplanements from the previous month, but is continuing to experience a downturn in numbers due to the coronavirus pandemic. In September, COS enplaned 30,995 passengers and a total of 61,994 passengers traveled through the terminal in September.
For year to date, COS’ total passenger count was 534,829, representing a 56.5 percent decrease from 2019. Load factors for the month of September have increased from previous months, but are lower than normal, averaging 74.4 percent for the month and down 19.1 points down year-to date versus last year, primarily due to social distancing protocols and lower travel demands due to the virus.
As traffic increases, COS’ number one priority remains that safety of travelers and employees. Mask or face coverings are required throughout the airport and on each of the four carriers. Travelers will find signage regarding best practices for social distancing, mask usage, plastic shield barriers, increase of surface disinfection and reduced touchpoints in their travel experience.
Additionally, employees of all four carriers and the Airport are being required by their employers to complete temperature scans before entering their work space. All of these measures are designed to slow or stop the spread of germs and viruses. The Airport also strongly urges passengers and guests to follow guidelines designed to keep themselves and others healthy and safe.
All four carriers at COS value customers’ health and safety. Please visit each carrier’s website for further information:
Airlines continue to evaluate air services needs and flight schedules. If you are planning travel, November schedules, including the Thanksgiving holiday period, have recently been updated:
- Daily nonstops to Dallas Ft. Worth (DFW)
- Nonstop to Chicago (ORD) – schedules may vary by day of week
- Daily nonstops to Salt Lake City (SLC)
- Nonstop to Las Vegas (LAS) – schedules may vary by day of week o Nonstop to Phoenix (PHX) – schedules may vary by day of week
- Southwest Airlines – Booking now, 13 daily flights begin March 11, 2020 o Daily nonstops to Denver (DEN)
- Daily nonstops to Las Vegas (LAS)
- Daily nonstops to Phoenix (PHX)
- Daily nonstops to Dallas (Love Field – DAL)
- Daily nonstops to Chicago (Midway- MDW)
- Daily nonstops to Chicago (ORD)
- Daily nonstops to Denver (DEN)
- Daily nonstops to Houston (IAH)