Colorado Springs, CO – For the month of June, the Colorado Springs Airport (COS) continued to experience a downturn in numbers due to the coronavirus pandemic, however projections appear positive for the remainder of the summer and fall travel. In June, COS enplaned 10,460 passengers and saw a total of 21,130 passengers travel through the terminal.
For the year to date, COS’ total passenger count was 353,763, which represents a 53.2 percent decrease from 2019. Load factors for the month of June have increased from April and May numbers, but are still significantly lower than normal at 62.2 percent.
Recently, COS announced a marketing campaign taking their place as Colorado’s Small Airport. Being small comes with big benefits, delivering a unique experience that bigger airports typically can't, such as easy parking, small lines, small waits, and small walks to gates. It means friendliness, safety and comfort. We're here to support the community, connect people, reduce stress, and to make the time people spend in the airport more enjoyable.
Even with less traffic, COS’ number one priority is the safety of travelers and employees. Effective July 6, everyone must wear a mask or face covering when entering the Airport. Around the Airport, travelers will find signage regarding best practices for social distancing, mask usage, plastic shield barriers, increase of surface disinfection and reduced touchpoints in their travel experience.
Additionally, employees of all four carriers and the Airport are being required by their employers to complete temperature scans before entering their work space. All of these measures are designed to slow or stop the spread of germs and viruses. The Airport also strongly urges passengers and guests to follow guidelines designed to keep themselves and others healthy and safe.
• All four carriers at COS value passenger health and safety. Please visit each carrier’s website for further information:
• Airlines continue and evaluate air services needs and flight schedules are rapidly changing. If you plan on traveling this summer, the July schedules are available and have increased since the previous month’s schedule. Colorado Springs Airport 7770 Milton E. Proby Pkwy., Suite 50 Colorado Springs, CO 80916 Phone: 719.550.1900 www.flycos.com
- Daily flights to Dallas Ft. Worth (DFW)
- Monday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday flight to Chicago (ORD)
- Daily flights to Salt Lake City (SLC)
- Monday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday flight to Las Vegas (LAS)
- Monday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday flight to Phoenix (PHX)
- Daily flights to Denver (DEN)
- Daily flight to Houston (IAH)
- Daily flight to Chicago (ORD) will begin in August.