The Colorado Springs Airport (COS) had 202,851 total passengers travel in and out the airport for the month of July. Half of those passengers boarded a plane out of COS, resulting in 101,756 enplanements.
“It’s been a busy summer and whether it’s people visiting Colorado Springs or locals traveling outbound, it’s exciting to see more and more people choosing to fly COS for all of their traveling needs,” said Greg Phillips, Director of Aviation.
The five major carriers out of COS (American, Delta, Frontier, Southwest and United) saw full planes for the month of July, boasting an 81.3 percent load factor. In July, airlines had 125,168 total seats out of COS, a 29 percent increase compared to July 2019.
Summer travel is beginning to come to a close, indicating the beginning of the fall travel season. Fall (September – early November) tends to be a slower travel season, resulting in smaller crowds, lower fares, and more flexibility with booking.
Summer Spotlight (nonstop routes):
- American Airlines (Dallas/Ft. Worth)
- 5 daily nonstops with 1-stop connecting service across the U.S. and worldwide
- Delta Air Lines (Salt Lake City)
- 3 daily nonstops with easy access to the west coast
- Delta nonstop service to Salt Lake City will up-guage to an E175 aircraft, which offers First Class, Delta Comfort and Economy seats (effective October 6)
- Frontier Airlines (Las Vegas and Phoenix)
- Nonstop, low fare service
- Southwest Airlines (Chicago (MDW), Dallas (DAL), Denver, Las Vegas, Phoenix)
- Nonstop to Denver (DEN) with easy connections coast-to-coast
- Adding seasonal service to Houston (HOU), San Antonio and San Diego during peak days in November, December, and January
- United Airlines (Denver, Houston (IAH), Los Angeles, Chicago (ORD))
- United serves 4 nonstop destinations with easy connections coast-to-coast and worldwide
Colorado Springs Airport’s small size means small commutes, small lines, and small waits. It means friendliness, safety, and comfort. It also means big options on daily nonstop flights and hundreds of connections worldwide. Colorado’s small airport was named one of the Best Workplaces for 2021 by the Gazette. For more information visit FlyCOS.com, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram.