Colorado Springs, CO – For the month of October, the four air carriers at the Colorado Springs Airport (COS) enplaned a total of 79,903 passengers, up 18.2 percent from the same period last year. Seats available in the market were up a whopping 22 percent with three of the four carriers showing an increase. Passenger load factors were up 4.6 percent from last month, but remain down 2.7 percent for the year.
From January through October 2019, a total of 1,386,165 passengers have traveled through COS, representing a 6 percent decrease in year-to-date (YTD) traffic compared to 2018, but an 18.2 percent increase for the month of October.
Colorado Springs Airport:
· Construction has been completed on the airport’s latest sustainability project – a solar covered carport in the valet parking lot that houses 36 parking spaces. The solar photovoltaic system is expected to offset some of the electric energy used by the airport. This pilot solar carport will be in the valet parking lot and will cost an additional $5.00 over current valet rates.
· The holiday parking promotion has returned with 50% off long term parking for travelers and will last through December 31. Click here to download the coupon.
· The Colorado Springs Airport began construction on the first floor in September. The rehabilitation project will include new flooring, LED lighting, paint, as well as higher ceilings and updated restrooms. In addition to the rehabilitation, new escalators are being installed as part of the airport’s capital improvement project (CIP). Two of those escalators were completed on November 15th and are in operation now. This project is anticipated to be complete by the spring of 2020.
· American Airlines announced that effective March 5, 2020, they will add twice daily service to Phoenix. This flight will be operated by SkyWest and is planned to be year-round. This service is in addition to the daily mainline (A319) service between COS-PHX effective December 18, 2019 through April 6, 2020.
· Starting in December, Delta will add a Tuesday flight to their Atlanta schedule. This will add 20 percent more capacity to Atlanta and increase their schedule to 6 departures per week, with flights commencing Sunday – Friday.
- Starting the week of November 11, Las Vegas and Phoenix increased daily service to 10x weekly with 2x daily flights on Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday.
- On November 14, Orlando switched from a redeye to a 3x weekly daytime flight on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday.
· United continues Boeing 737 and Airbus A320 mainline service to DEN.
When you say ‘YES to COS’ you’re saying ‘please’ to low parking fees and ‘hello’ to hassle free travel. Flying out of the Colorado Springs Airport is the smart choice for easy holiday travel to direct and connecting destinations. COS offers simple parking, easy check-in, and a short drive home. This holiday season, look before you book at FlyCOS.com and say ‘YES to COS!’