The 2019 Point-In-Time Count will take place on Monday, January 28th, 2019. The Pikes Peak Continuum of Care is recruiting volunteers to help conduct interviews with our neighbors experiencing homelessness in emergency shelters, in parks and cars, along rivers, at service providers, libraries, and any other places where people spend time. Over 150 volunteers are needed!
The Point in Time Survey is being led by Community Health Partnership (CHP) in Colorado Springs and El Paso County. The Point in Time count generates a snapshot of homelessness on a single night, and raises public awareness, promotes collaboration, provides needed data, and helps us apply for increased housing funds for the community.
A volunteer training is required and will help you learn how to administer the survey and give you time to practice with other staff and volunteers.
- Attend a two-hour training
- Ability to walk and/or stand for long periods of time
- Agree to sign a confidentiality agreement and keep all survey information confidential
- Commit to showing up at survey site regardless of weather
- Feel comfortable speaking and interacting with people experiencing homelessness
Make a difference in your community by interviewing those experiencing homelessness in our community to provide needed data to evaluate and develop plans, services and programs to decrease homelessness in Colorado Springs and El Paso County. Get to know your neighbors who are experiencing homelessness, and see local agencies at work!
- Training Sign-up: https://communityhealthpartnership.volunteerlocal.com/volunteer/?start_over&id=34517
- Volunteer Sign-up: https://communityhealthpartnership.volunteerlocal.com/volunteer/?start_over&id=34108
Questions: Jennifer Mariano, PPCoC Program Manager, Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org or 719-632-5094 X121