COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – The Mayor's Office today announced its finalists for the fifth annual Mayor’s Young Leader Awards. Launched in 2015 to celebrate the outstanding achievements of young professionals age 40 and under, a record number of nominations were received during the six-week nomination period (Aug. 10-Sept. 23). Of the nominees, 25 finalists have emerged across the five award categories.
The finalists, who all live or work in Colorado Springs, are as follows:
- Community and Economic Impact
- Stephanie Adams, The Apartment Association of Southern Colorado
- Max Cupp, Council of Neighbors and Organizations
- Jake Eichengreen, Quad Innovation Partnership
- Jeff Finn, Norwood Development Group
- Chelise Foster, Waldo Waldo 5K, Inc.
- Seth W. Gross, CloudSense Inc.
- Amanda Metcalfe, Quality Life Counseling; United States Air Force Academy; University of Colorado Colorado Springs
- Tyler Peoples, Mission Catering
- Creative Industry
- Aisha Ahmad-Post, University of Colorado Colorado Springs
- Jesse Clark, Hellscream Entertainment
- Matthew Hiner, Hiner Landscapes
- Melodie Jordahl, Black Tie Beverages
- Katie Weckerly, SSPR Public Relations Agency
- Heather Cassidy, University of Colorado School of Medicine; Kaiser Permanente
- Erik Huffman, Handshake Leadership
- Rachel Laufer, Harrison School District 2
- Brinkley Myers, Colorado Springs School District 11
- Konrad Schlarbaum, Pikes Peak Community College
- Sports and Wellness
- Jason Cahill, Freedom Chiropractic
- Zac Chapman, Food Policy Advisory
- Timothy Corner, Man to Machine
- Fara Gorsi, International Cricket Council
- Ian Ratz, University of Colorado Colorado Springs (College of Business)
- Seth Harvey, Bluestaq
- Erin Miller, Center for Technology Research and Commercialization
Winners will be announced during an award ceremony on Tuesday, Oct. 30 from 4-6 p.m. at the Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum (215 S. Tejon Street). The ceremony will be emceed by KKTV 11 News’ morning anchor Rebekah Hoeger, and limited tickets are now available for purchase at eventbrite.com/e/mayors-young-leader-awards-tickets-50893710458. The cost is $25 per individual or $40 per couple.
Event sponsors include the Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum, KKTV 11 News and Picnic Basket Catering. Additional sponsorship opportunities are available. Companies or individuals interested in sponsoring the event should email Donna Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the Mayor’s Young Leader Awards, including a list of past recipients and a description of each award category, visit coloradosprings.gov/mayors-office/page/mayors-young-leader-awards.