The Mayor's Office today announced its finalists for the sixth annual Mayor’s Young Leader Awards. Launched in 2015 to celebrate the outstanding achievements of young professionals age 40 and under, a record number of nominations were received during the nomination period (Aug. 2-30).
Of the nominees, 30 finalists have emerged across the six award categories. The finalists, who all live or work in Colorado Springs, are as follows:
- Community and Economic Impact
- Christopher Aaby, Catamount Institute
- Zac Chapman, Colorado Springs Food Rescue
- Jake Eichengreen, Quad Innovation Partnership
- Tony Rosendo, Lane Foundation
- Sara Vaas, Council of Neighbors and Organizations
- Creative Industry
- Cody Burket, Esports Arena
- Harris Kalofonos, The Goodvoice Group; Young Champion Ambassador
- Steve Moraco, Lander Media
- Chelsy Offutt, Visit COS
- Angela Seals, Cultural Office of the Pikes Peak Region
- Ben Gallegos-Pardo, Pikes Peak Community College
- Chance Hill, University of Colorado Board of Regents
- Kyle Hills, CIVA Charter High School
- Sandy Ho, University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS)
- Manya Whitaker, Colorado College
- Military Leader
- Tech. Sgt. John Camacho, U.S. Air Force
- Staff Sgt. Barbara Kendricks, U.S. Army
- Capt. Lauren Oglesby, U.S. Air Force
- Capt. Louis Pagano Jr., U.S. Air Force
- Staff Sgt. Matthew Scheiner, U.S. Army
- Sports and Wellness
- Jordan Burt, Colorado Springs Switchbacks
- Timothy Corner Jr, Man 2 Machine
- Keith Hodges, Rocky Mountain Vibes
- Aubrey McCoy, Colorado Springs Sports Corp
- Brian Moreno, Colorado Springs Little League
- Technology and Sustainability
- Rachel Beisel, CableLabs
- Alex Belding, Webriq Companies
- Tiffany Cox, Tiffany Cox Design
- Samuel Thomas Elliot, Pineapple Labs
- Forrest Senti, National Cybersecurity Center
One winner from each category will be announced during an award ceremony on Tuesday, Oct. 29 from 4-6 p.m. at the Ent Center for the Arts on the UCCS campus, 5225 North Nevada Avenue.
The ceremony will be emceed by Fox21 Morning News reporter Lauren McDonald, and limited tickets are now available for purchase at: https://tickets.uccspresents.org/1805.
Event sponsors include the Colorado Springs Chamber & EDC, Fox21, Glassical Designs, Nor’wood Development Group, UCCS and Vectra Bank. Additional sponsorship opportunities are available. Companies or individuals interested in sponsoring the event should email Donna Nelson at email@example.com.
For more information on the Mayor’s Young Leader Awards, including a list of past recipients and a description of each award category, visit www.coloradosprings.gov/myla.