Colorado Springs Airport (COS) saw strong growth in passenger traffic during the month of August. The Airport witnessed a significant increase, with over 223,205 total passengers passing through its terminal and 111,688 enplanements, a substantial year-over-year increase of 14.3 percent and 14.1 percent, respectively.
Furthermore, seat capacity experienced a noteworthy surge of 13.1 percent compared to August 2022, totaling 141,415 departing seats in the market. The monthly load factor marks a slight year-over-year improvement resulting in a monthly average load factor of 79 percent.
Projections for fall traffic indicate continued strength and growth. Notably, during the Labor Day holiday travel period, COS saw nearly 30,000 travelers, setting a promising tone for the remainder of September, which is anticipated to maintain robust passenger numbers.
In anticipation of the upcoming holiday season, travelers will soon have the convenience of nonstop flights to San Antonio (SAT), San Diego (SAN), and Houston (HOU) on Southwest Airlines for select holiday dates in November, December, and January. Southwest has also announced that Houston (HOU) service will extend beyond January to meet passenger demand.
In addition to these developments, the "ElevateCOS" concourse modernization project has commenced, aiming to enhance aging terminal infrastructure, accessibility, and sustainability initiatives. For more detailed information regarding this project, please visit www.ElevateCOSAirport.com.
Nonstop Route Updates:
- American Airlines: Dallas/Ft. Worth (DFW)
- 5 daily nonstops with easy connecting service across the U.S. and worldwide
- Avelo Airlines: Los Angeles – Hollywood/Burbank (BUR)
- Twice weekly nonstop service to Los Angeles – Hollywood/Burbank (BUR)
- Delta Air Lines: Atlanta (ATL), Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP), Salt Lake City (SLC)
- Daily nonstop service to Atlanta (ATL) – will begin twice daily service in July 2024
- Nonstop weekend service to Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP)
- Daily nonstop service to Salt Lake City (SLC)
- Southwest Airlines: Chicago (MDW), Dallas (DAL), Denver (DEN), Houston (HOU) – Starts November 2023, Las Vegas (LAS), Long Beach (LGB), Phoenix (PHX)
- New daily nonstop service to Long Beach (LGB) / Los Angeles Area
- Daily nonstops to Denver (DEN) with easy connections coast-to-coast
- Seasonal service to San Diego (SAN) and San Antonio (SAT) effective November 2023
- Sun Country: Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP)
- Weekly nonstop service to Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP)
- United Airlines: Denver (DEN), Houston (IAH), Chicago (ORD)
- United serves 3 daily nonstop destinations with easy connections coast-to-coast and worldwide
Colorado Springs Airport’s small size means small commutes, small lines, and small waits. It means friendliness, safety, and comfort. It also means big options on daily nonstop flights and hundreds of connections worldwide. Colorado’s small airport was named one of the Best Workplaces for 2021 and 2022 by the Gazette. For more information visit FlyCOS.com, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram.