In the month of February, the Colorado Springs Airport (COS) saw a total of 143,884 passengers travel through the terminal, with 72,500 of those passengers enplaning at COS.
The month of February saw a load factor average of 78.5 percent (2.8 percent higher than last February) and 92,389 seats in the market, which is on par with seats in February 2023.
As travelers plan their summer vacation, COS will offer a multitude of new air service. Avelo Airlines announced it will be joining the COS roster on May 3, 2023, with a nonstop flight to Los Angeles – Hollywood/Burbank (BUR). On June 5, 2023, Delta Air Lines’ will resume nonstop Atlanta (ATL) daily service, along with daily nonstop service to Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP). Another new carrier to COS, Sun Country Airlines, will begin nonstop seasonal service to Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP) on June 8, 2023. Southwest Airlines announced it will serve Long Beach (LGB) nonstop daily beginning July 11, 2023.
“Recently air service at COS has grown tremendously and we’re looking forward to a strong summer with that increased service,” said Director of Aviation, Greg Phillips.
Nonstop Route Updates:
- American Airlines (Dallas/Ft. Worth)
- 5 daily nonstops with 1-stop connecting service across the U.S. and worldwide
- Avelo Airlines (Los Angeles – Hollywood/Burbank (BUR)).
- Daily nonstop service to Los Angeles – Hollywood/Burbank (BUR) begins May 3, 2023
- Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Salt Lake City)
- Daily nonstop service to Atlanta (ATL) will begin June 5, 2023
- Daily Nonstop service to Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP) begins June 5, 2023
- Delta daily nonstop service to Salt Lake City (SLC) featuring E175 aircraft offering First Class, Delta Comfort and Economy seats
- Southwest Airlines (Chicago (MDW), Dallas (DAL), Denver, Las Vegas, Long Beach, Phoenix)
- Daily nonstop service to Long Beach (LGB) begins July 11, 2023
- Daily nonstop to Denver (DEN) with easy connections coast-to-coast
- Sun Country (Minneapolis/St. Paul)
- Nonstop service to Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP) begins June 8, 2023
- United Airlines (Denver, Houston (IAH), Chicago (ORD))
- United serves 3 daily nonstop destinations with easy connections coast-to-coast and worldwide
- United daily nonstop service to ORD will be flown with Mainline aircraft beginning in May
- Daily nonstop service to DEN will increase to nine times per day and offers easy connections coast to coast and worldwid
Colorado Springs Airport’s small size means small commutes, small lines, and small waits. It means friendliness, safety, and comfort. It also means big options on daily nonstop flights and hundreds of connections worldwide. Colorado’s small airport was named one of the Best Workplaces for 2021 and 2022 by the Gazette. For more information visit FlyCOS.com, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram.