It’s that time of year when people are focusing on putting their new year’s resolutions into practice. We hope this year you will also “resolve to be ready” for an emergency. Here are some simple steps you can take as you welcome the New Year.
- Sign up for emergency alerts.
- Bookmark your local emergency management office’s website csready.org.
- Follow @CityofCOS, @CSPDPIO @CSFDPIO and @EPCSheriff on Twitter to get emergency and public safety information. #COSprepared
- Create a family communications plan.
- Build a kit for your family and your pets.
- Talk about your emergency plan with your family.
- Practice your home fire drill at least twice a year.
- Establish a safe meeting place.
- Test your home’s smoke alarms every month. Change the batteries when you change your clocks for daylight savings time.