Know Your Risks. Make Your Plan. Improve Your Outcome. Prepare for emergencies before the crisis or disaster impacts your family or the community. The links to resources below can help your family properly prepare for natural and human caused disasters we could possibly face in El Paso County.
Make a plan
Creating plans for family communications, loved ones with special needs, household matters, financial documents and evacuation are all part of being well prepared. During an emergency, family members may not be together and a Family Communications Plan will assist people in contacting each other. Household Plans will assist your family in knowing how to prepare ahead of time and what to do during and immediately after an event. Many businesses, schools and neighborhoods have taken steps to develop plans as well. Neighbors and co-workers often support each other during times of disaster, especially if first responders are unable to get to your area.
Easy to use forms and checklists are available at Ready Colorado. Preparedness is everyone's responsibility. Are you ready?
Build A Kit
- FEMA Kit Ideas
- CDC Kit Ideas
- Red Cross Kit Ideas
- Ready Colorado Ideas
- Ready for kids
- American Red Cross Store
- The Store has emergency preparedness items, First Aid Kits, books, DVDs and more
- CSU Extension: Storing Water
- NOAA Weather Radio available here
Emergency Information Resources
- El Paso-Teller County E9-1-1 Sign up for phone, text, and e-mail alerts for emergency notifications for El Paso and Teller counties
- El Paso County, Colorado Office Of Emergency Management Emergency preparedness information for El Paso County
- READY Colorado READY Colorado offers preparedness tips tailored to our region
- FEMA: Federal Emergency Management Agency This webpage has information on planning and preparing for natural and human caused disasters.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention The CDC Emergency Preparedness and Response website is CDC’s primary source of information and resources for preparing for and responding to public health emergencies.
- American Red Cross The Plan and Prepare web page has information on planning and preparing for natural and human caused disasters.
- The Independence Center This local organization has information that can assist those with disabilities to prepare for an emergency.
- Pikes Peak United Way 2-1-1 is a free, confidential information and referral hotline connecting people in need with the health and human services they require.
- NOAA Weather Information