Main Menu

You are here

Park FAQs



Where is the Parks and Recreation Administrative Office located?

1401 Recreation Way Colorado Springs, CO 80905 Office Hours: Monday-Friday; 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Phone (719) 385-5940 FAX (719) 385-6599 Driving directions to the Parks and Recreation office: Take I-25 to the Uintah exit (143). Exit and turn east on Uintah. Get immediately into the left lane, and turn left at Glen Avenue (at the 7-11). Glen goes one block. At the end, turn left and follow the road as it winds around to the north and turns into Recreation Way. We are the first business building you come to about a block up on the right. Just follow the signage to Parks, Recreation & Cultural Services!


Where is the Sports Office located?

1315 East Pikes Peak Avenue Colorado Springs, CO 80909 Office Hours: Monday-Friday; 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Phone (719) 385-5981 FAX (719) 385-6013 Driving directions to the Sports Office: Go to Pikes Peak Avenue and Hancock (Memorial Park) and go south on Hancock to the first left turn into Memorial Park. The sports office is the white building with green trim on your right.


Does Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services have an Annual Report?

How can I reserve Bear Creek Park or Fox Run Park?

These two parks are El Paso County parks. Their phone number is (719) 520-6375. How do I reserve a picnic area or a park? This really depends on why you need it. Small groups, under 50 people, can use parks on a first come, first served basis.  All groups over 100 and those wishing to guarantee exclusive use, can reserve one of our pavilions.  If you have questions, our reservation line is (719) 385-5941 


Can I have a bounce house at my picnic?

No... Bounce Houses can be used is applicants apply for a Park Special event.  Please call our office at 385-5941 for more information or to book a site.


How do I make campground reservations?

For public campgrounds, please call the National Park Service Campground Reservations at (303) 969-2000.


Tree roots are disturbing my sidewalk. Who do I call?

City Engineering will handle this problem. You may reach them at (719) 385-5411.


What activities do you have for kids?

Our year-round programs for youth include a wide variety of sport leagues, swimming, ice skating, targeted after school programs, and several non-traditional sporting activities.  In the summer, our programs really expand! We add our  teen volunteer activities, sports camps, and many more activities!


How do I register my boat or off-road vehicle?

Boats and off-road vehicles are registered through the State. Their number is (719) 227-5250.


I want my band to do a concert in a park. How do I do that?

You need to go through our events coordinator to reserve the park for an event such as this. Email for details.


How do I go about having a wedding at the Garden of the Gods?

How do I get a map of area trails?

You can also check out our maps online under the Parks and Trails


Where can I rock climb?

Garden of the Gods is a popular site for this activity. Rock climbers must register at the Visitor Center before bouldering or attempting any route. There are several climbing gyms in town, and our own Starsmore Discovery Center has an indoor climbing wall available. The Mountain Chalet (719-633-0732) is a good resource for more information.


A tree branch on my street has fallen down. How do I get it cleared away?

If the tree grows in a median or the street right-of-way (the area between the sidewalk and the street), the City is responsible for clearing it away. You can calling (719) 385-5942 and leave your name, phone number, address and zip code to get on the branch pick up list or report it by clicking here. If the tree is on private property, it is the responsibility of the property owner.


I have tree branches growing into the electric lines. What should I do?

Call Utilities Line Clearance at (719) 448-4800. They have crews to clear the electric lines.


There is a bear/mountain lion in the park or yard behind my house. What do I do?

Call the Colorado Division of Wildlife at (719) 227-5200 for wildlife questions.

Where do I get a woodcutting or Christmas tree cutting permit?

The U.S. Forest Service issues these permits. You may call them at (719) 636-1602.



If none of the below FAQs help you, feel free to contact us directly! We welcome other questions, too. Call our main number, (719) 385-5940 or Email us