COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Effective immediately, the City of Colorado Springs’ Parking Enterprise will suspend enforcement of parking meters, time limited and non-metered parking areas along with booting until Thursday, April 30. All parking meters in downtown Colorado Springs and Old Colorado City will be free and without time limits. Structured parking will also be free. The purpose of the free parking is to allow residents easy access to restaurants offering curbside food services in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The following enforcement activities will continue:
- Fire hydrant zones and fire lanes
- “No Stopping” or “No Parking” zones to promote safety
- Loading Zones
- Mountain Metro Transit stops
- Special parking permitted spaces, including but not limited to accessible spaces, reserved spaces, restricted spaces.
- Electric vehicle, compact, reserved or other signed parking spaces in structures
- Parking on or within 20 feet of a crosswalk
- Blocking driveways or alleys
- Parking in travel lanes, including bike and transit lanes
- Obedience to angle signs or markings
- ADA violations
- Extended / overnight parking at meters
Please visit www.ColoradoSprings.gov/Parking for more about the Parking Enterprise.