Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services has partnered with the AmeriCorps Summer Associates Program to provide healthy and engaging summer opportunities at our parks and community centers. Through our programs, we strive to build community health and wellness, engage youth in positive learning experiences, and increase environmental awareness and stewardship.
Our summer associate sites include:
- Starsmore Discovery Visitor and Nature Center
- Hillside Community Center
- Deerfield Hills Community
- Meadows Park Community Center
- Young Stars Day Camp Locations
Summer Associates will serve in a variety of capacities, based on the chosen location. Duties may include:
- Advancing STEM programming
- Assist with youth summer programming
- Naturalist and Outdoor Education Docent
- Gardening assistance
- Youth summer feeding and food security assistance
- Lead youth in hands-on displays, structured games and projects
- Assist with a planning process to engage underserved youth and families in nature and grant research/writing.
- 10-week commitment, 40 hours per week (positions may require weekend shifts), May 21-July 29
- Summer Associates receive a living stipend of $1,194.71 for their 10-week term (paid bi-weekly)
- Summer Associates will also receive an Education Award of $1,230.69, which can be used for education expenses (paid at the end of the 10-week term)
- Must be a minimum age of 18 to apply.
- Submit a resume and cover letter to Annette Proctor at email@example.com
- Applications accepted on a rolling basis and positions will be filled as applications are received on a first come first serve basis. Deadline for applications is April 16, 2018.
- Questions? Contact Annette at the email above or at (719) 385-6006.