1. Check hours of operation
- Verify operating hours before you hike. Hours change seasonally.
- If someone is picking you up,make sure they get through the uphill gate before it closes.
- Don't assume transportation will be available. Have a plan B.
- All persons entering Gateway are subject to posted toll rate
2. Check Mountain Conditions
- Conditions change drastically and quickly throughout the day.
- Access to the summit is weather dependent.
- Barr Trail Hikers: Check in at Barr Camp to verify favorable summit conditions.
- Ensure you have proper gear and water.
- If the Highway and/or summit is closed to visitors, parties will not be able to pick up hikers for transport
3. If you will not make the summit by the posted hours - turn around.
Requests for transport will be subject to transport and rescue fees.
Transport and Rescue Fees
|$20/person||Transport during normal operating hours|
|$100/person/hour||After hours transport: If the Pikes Peak Highway is closed but staff is still on site, this is the minimum charge based on circumstances.|
After hours recovery/rescue response: If a hiker requests rescue or assistance after hours, this is the minimum charge based on circumstances.
Pikes Peak staff will only transport as a matter of emergency or safety. Payment due at time of transport.