The weather is cooling down, but that doesn't mean we're past the risk of wildfire. In fact, wildfire season is all year round in Colorado Springs. Protecting our community is a shared responsibility. Here is how you can help protect our community.
- Make sure you understand what's allowed, and what's not, under the current burn ban that's in effect for Colorado Springs.
- Know where to find the current fire danger rating. This can change from day to day and is different than the burn ban.
- Make a plan in case your home is threatened by wildfire.
- Have a "go bag" ready in case you need to evacuate.
- Protect your home by doing wildfire mitigation on your property.
- If you see a smoke plume, call 9-1-1.