Land Use Review has a variety of codes, publications and manuals available to be purchased, viewed and/or downloaded. Hard copies of the Comprehensive Plan, Zoning and Subdivision Code and manuals can be purchased through the Office Services Division at the City Administration Building located at 30 S. Nevada Avenue, Suite L01.
The Zoning Code includes an overview of the Comprehensive Plan in Article 1 of Chapter 7, Articles 2 through 5 of Chapter 7 and pertains to specific standards, regulations and requirements for planning and development, and Articles 6 through 9 of Chapter 7 pertains to standards and regulations for subdivision and platting of property.
Publications and Manuals
- Academy Blvd Corridor Assessment: A report generated by Comprehensive Planning on the Academy Boulevard corridor.
- Annexation Guide - A reference manual on how to annex properties to the City of Colorado Springs
- Banning Lewis Ranch Study: Information on the Banning Lewis Ranch master-planned development community. If you need information on a particular master planned parcel regarding its land use designation, area, housing and employment projections, contact Land Use Review at (719) 385-5905.
- Form Based Code: The zoning standards, guidelines and procedures that take the place of the previously existing zoning regulations in Downtown Colorado Springs.
- Landscape Design Manual: A manual that references the standards and requirements indicated in the Landscape Code in Part 3, Article 4 of Chapter 7 of the City Code.
- Mixed Use Design Manual - A reference manual of mixed use development terminology and information that corresponds to standards and regulations discussed in the Zoning Code for Mixed Use zoned development.
- Small Lot PUD Development Guidelines: Guidelines for development of a small lot Planned Unit Development project.
- Traditional Neighborhood Development Design Manual - A reference manual of traditional neighborhood development terminology and information that corresponds to standards and regulations discussed in the Zoning Code for Traditional Neighborhood zoned development.
The City of Colorado Springs has a large assortment of maps available to be viewed and/or downloaded. Each map contains its own disclaimer and copyright date. There is a disclaimer for public usage of the maps; however you are welcome to download and print them as long as they are within the disclaimer parameters.
The City has an aerial map program identified as SpringsView. This program provides an aerial photo of properties within the City of Colorado Springs. There is a variety of information available within the program includes base zoning and overlays, parks, schools, topography, development plans, etc. Each layer may be turned on or off depending on which type of information is needed. You may zoom in and out to a particular area with the cursor or identify a specific property by typing in the tax schedule number or address.
Other Planning Maps
Note: The maps are in Adobe .PDF format and require Adobe X or newer to view and download. The various types of maps are listed in alphabetical order.
- Banning Lewis Ranch Master Plan: A map that provides information about the Banning Lewis Ranch master-planned development community located east of Marksheffel Road between Woodmen and Bradley Roads. For additional or detailed information, contact the Land Use Review Division at (719) 385-5905.
- Banning Lewis Ranch Original Zoning: A map showing the original zones approved in 1987 for the Banning Lewis Ranch development community.
- Banning Lewis Ranch Original Ordinances: A listing of the original 1987 ordinances which include the conditions of record and use restrictions.
- Planning Areas: A map that indicates the current geographic planning areas for the Land Use Review Division.
- Neighborhoods Map: A map that breaks down Colorado Springs by neighborhood.