To provide more effective and efficient service to our community, the Colorado Springs Police Department has changed the hours of operation for three of our substations. Currently, all our substations are open to the public 24 hours a day. Starting July 12, 2020, the following changes will go into effect:
- Falcon Substation (7850 Goddard Street) will be closed from 9 P.M. to 7 A.M.
- Sand Creek Substation (950 Academy Park Loop) will be closed from 9 P.M. to 7 A.M.
- Gold Hill Substation (955 West Moreno Avenue) will be closed from 9 P.M. to 7 A.M.
- Stetson Hills Substation (4110 Tutt Boulevard) will remain open 24 hours a day
- Police Operations Center (705 South Nevada Avenue) will remain open 24 hours a day
In the event of an emergency, every substation – even those whose hours have changed - will have a call box buzzer at the front door, which will alert staff inside the buildings. Citizens who need to initiate a report in person with CSPD between the hours of 9 P.M. to 7 A.M., should go to either the Stetson Hills Substation or the Police Operations Center.
By updating our hours of operation, we can provide better service to our community. The Police Service Representative positions that were covering the substations' front desk during the night time hours have been converted into four full-time Community Service Officer positions. Community Service Officers assist police officers by responding to and investigating lower priority calls for service. As a result of the CSO Unit taking over these calls for service, police officers are able to respond to higher priority calls in a more timely manner.
Thank you to our community for your understanding and patience as we implement these changes. If you have any additional questions, please reach out to your local substation.