In accordance with Colorado law, the Colorado Springs Police Department is notifying the community that Mark Alan White has moved to a new address in the Colorado Springs Police Department’s jurisdiction. White is a sex offender whose past behavior has led him to be labeled a Sexually Violent Predator (SVP) by the Colorado Bureau of Investigation. Accordingly, the Colorado Springs Police Department has made community notification as required by law and undertaken the following tasks, among others:
- Notified the Colorado Department of Public Safety’s Sex Offender Management Board (SOMB) Notification Team.
- Reviewed and confirmed White’s residence, employment, access to vehicles, legal status, and past crimes.
- Briefed patrol personnel on White’s status, history, appearance, residence, employment, and vehicles.
- Notified surrounding law enforcement agencies.
- Provided an online video that describes the SVP community notification process, SVP information, and additional resources for the community.
- Online SVP Community Notification video at: coloradosprings.gov. Click on Departments; click on Police Department, then on Search Sex Offender Information.
The Colorado Springs Police Department will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that White registers as a sex offender and that he understands his responsibilities as such.
White’s criminal history reveals that he was convicted of four counts of Aggravated Sexual Battery in 2009, Loudoun County, Virginia.
White has no other criminal history.
White is registered and residing at 425 Prairie Road #203, Colorado Springs, CO. He is described as being a white male, 56 years of age, 5’10”, 175 lbs., with blonde hair and hazel eyes. Follow Twitter for photo.
White is one of 17 Sexually Violent Predators currently registered with the Colorado Springs Police Department who reside in this community. The Colorado Springs Police Department takes his presence in our community very seriously and is intent on ensuring he conducts himself in a lawful manner and that our citizens remain safe and aware.
Anyone with further questions about this SVP and this Community Notification process can contact Detective Rob Meredith of the Colorado Springs Police Department Registered Sex Offender Unit at 719-444-7665.