In accordance with Colorado law the Colorado Department of Corrections has notified the Colorado Springs Police Department that Robert Carlos Vargas-Delao will be on supervised release, parole, and has moved to an address in the Colorado Springs Police Department’s jurisdiction. Vargas-Delao is a sex offender whose past behavior has led him to be labeled a “Sexually Violent Predator” (SVP) by the court. Accordingly, the Colorado Springs Police Department has made “community notification” as required by law and undertaken the following tasks, among others:
- Notified the Colorado Department of Public Safety’s Sex Offender Management Board (SOMB) Notification Team.
- Reviewed and confirmed Vargas-Delao’s residence, employment, access to vehicles, legal status, and past crimes.
- Made notifications to neighbors and businesses deemed to be in the immediate area.
- Briefed patrol personnel on Vargas-Delao’s status, history, appearance, residence, employment and vehicles.
- Notified surrounding law enforcement agencies.
- Provided an online video that describes the SVP community notification process, SVP information and additional resources for the community.
- Online SVP Community Notification video at: www.coloradosprings.gov. Click on Public Safety then click on Police.
The Police Department will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that Vargas-Delao registers as a sex offender and that he understands his responsibilities as such.
Vargas-Delao’s criminal history reveals that on 06-19-17 he was convicted of Sexual Assault on a Child in El Paso County District Court case #14CR4554.
Vargas-Delao was also convicted Harassment in 2013 in El Paso County case #12M6959.
Vargas-Delao is registered and residing at 3007 East Platte Avenue #303, Colorado Springs, CO 80909. He is described as being a Hispanic male, 29 years old, 5’09” tall, 184 lbs, with black hair and brown eyes.
Vargas-Delao is one of eighteen (18) “Sexually Violent Predators” currently registered with the Colorado Springs Police Department who reside in this community. The Colorado Springs Police Department takes his presence in our community very seriously and is intent on insuring he conducts himself in a lawful manner and that our citizens remain safe and aware.
Anyone with further questions about this SVP and this Community Notification process can contact Detective Rob Meredith of the Colorado Springs Police Department Registered Sex Offender Unit at 719-444-7665 or Detective Nancy Gifford at 719-444-7672.