On September 27, 2018, the Metro Fugitive Unit and a U.S. Marshals officer were looking for David Adkins, 30 years of age, in regards to active felony warrants:
- April 13, 2018 – Aggravated Robbery
- August 29, 2018 – Felony Theft Warrant
- August 31, 2018 – Burglary Warrant
In addition to the above charges, the Robbery Unit had additional charges:
- September 18, 2018 – Aggravated Robbery of Ambassador Adult Theatre
- September 18, 2018 – Aggravated Robbery of Little Caesar’s Pizza
- September 19, 2018 – Attempted Aggravated Robbery of Moneytree
- September 27, 2018 – Aggravated Robbery of Circle K
Robbery detectives added the following charges because of the behavior and criminal activity attributed to Adkins during the two plus hours he traveled around the city on September 27, 2018:
- September 27, 2018 – Felony Criminal Mischief, Vehicular Eluding, Reckless Endangerment, and Reckless Driving
There is numerous additional traffic charges described in the Probable Cause Affidavit that will be considered and filed by the District Attorney’s Office.
Anyone with information or is a witness to this investigation is asked to call the Colorado Springs Police Department at (719) 444-7000; or if you wish to remain anonymous, you may call Crime Stoppers Tip Line at (719) 634-STOP (7867) or 1-800-222-8477.